Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dumas 30" Fokker Eindecker (New Guy) (Read 251 times)
Reply #12 - Yesterday at 10:41pm

Countbretski   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Spokane, WA

Neal, what a fabulous looking aeroplane! I'm fumbling along with this giant thing...I can't imagine making a peanut scale model look that great. I've dabbled in making 1/43rd scale Formula 1 cars and my wife hears my colorful language and asks if this hobby thing is really relaxing!

With more practice I hope I can get close to what you guys are doing. Thanks for the encouragement!

Bret

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Yesterday at 9:28pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Oh no, Bret...not intended to be dare at all.  Just imagine how nice your Eindecker will look with some sweet WWI wheels!  She looks really nice as is...and I'm sure whatever you choose will be equally nice.  Smiley  E III's are always lots of fun.  Here's mine....Wink

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Yesterday at 9:05pm

Countbretski   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Spokane, WA

Neal, that sounds like a dare! I did say the goal was a straight box-stock build but I may have to try wheels and a prop like I see all you guys are making. First the cowling...

Bret

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 7:33pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

And it does deserve center billing, Count...because IT IS A WORK OF ART!  Beautiful job, too.  Smiley  How are you going to address those wheels...lots of wheel making lately around here.  Those are the models-within-the-model.  Wink

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 12:29pm

Countbretski   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Spokane, WA

Slow but steady progress. The basic fuselage is built. Now on to some fiddlier bits: engine, cowling etc. Still looking at a lot of your builds and absorbing. I'm planning on building this box-stock just to see if I can accomplish a relatively clean/straight build.

My "portable" work board doesn't help with the straight part, but it allows some quality time with the wife. I stick the bones on the mantel to protect it from kids, dogs etc. Trying to convince the family that such a work of art deserves center billing!

Bret

Fokker3.jpg (103 KB | 2 )
Fokker3.jpg
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:54pm

Sky9pilot   Online
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Those Lego's can be real handy!!!  Looking forward to following this build.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:15pm

Countbretski   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Spokane, WA

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's really inspiring looking through all the older threads...particularly the Fall cook-up.

Slow progress, but it's nice to work at my pace and not at the attention span of an 8 yr old! One advantage to having him around is that I can steal his lego from time to time.

Fokker2.jpg (33 KB | 8 )
Fokker2.jpg
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 6:51am

bigrip74   Online
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Countbreski, enjoyed your photo of the P-51 and love the flying field you have there. Hope you and your son will have many great flights and times together.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:40am

John Webster   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Painesville, Ohio

Nice job on the Mustang and good flight results.

It is good to see he also appreciates fine automobiles.

When you begin to fly you are issued two bags, one full of luck and an empty one for experience.&&The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:58am

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

Welcome and its great to see the young kids involved. Since you got that mustang to fly, you are already an expert!
ian

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:04am

neoflight   Offline
...now how am I gonna
get that down!
West Tennessee

A warm welcome to you and your son, Countbreski  Cheesy That is a very well executed job on the P-51. You will find Stick & Tissue to be a wonderful group of like-minded and friendly builders who gladly will help you and your son with any advice about this great hobby you may seek. Wonderful to have you along Grin
Dumas provides excellent kits that build into promising flyers. Nice start on yours Smiley

Neoflight

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:59pm

Sky9pilot   Online
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

P-51 looks great and it's fantastic to see your son's interest.  We look forward to your build and I'm sure you'll get more advice than you'll know what to do with!  Bring it on! We love to see new projects started!

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:58pm

Countbretski   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Spokane, WA

Hello all, I've been lurking for a few weeks, but now it's time to dive in. I've been away from this type of modeling for a little over 30 years. I have dabbled a bit on & off with plastic models for the last few years which led me to the local hobby shop a month or so ago with my 8 yr old son. He has recently started showing a lot of interest in old airplanes so he quickly noticed the area with Guillow's kits. I explained what they were and he chose the venerable P-51 Mustang.

I did the cutting and he glued. We shared the covering duties (which in my frustration led me here). I sprayed the OD and yellow and he used a sharpie for the red and then applied the kit decals. It's super heavy but we managed to get it to fly 1 circle to the left and then a (scale like!!) glide with a gentle turn to the right...all in about 20 sec....he's thrilled!

All of which has caused me to spend a lot of time here over the last week reading and learning....so I went and got this Dumas kit and am diving in. It will be slow progress with the kids, cars and work distracting...but it should be fun and hopefully Ill improve. Thanks in advance for all the help you all will provide! Bret

Finn51.jpg (137 KB | 2 )
Finn51.jpg
Eindecker1.jpg (101 KB | 1 )
Eindecker1.jpg
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print