Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Glue Looper (Read 133 times)
Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 10:02am

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

I've had good luck with this. I'm using the small tip and this allows a very precise placement of CA.

One issue has been where to put the CA. So far, I've made a small puddle of the glue on a piece of aluminum, but it tends to spread out too much. What's needed is a small 'pot' of some sort that the CA won't adhere to.

So far, I like this tool. I've never had much luck with the plastic tip extenders, they tend to clog and too much CA come out too often.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 2:02pm

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

The notes say that if the tip gets clogged, simply use a Bic lighter to burn away the glue and wipe clean. The tips will not be affected by the heat.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 12:03pm

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

You guys must have been watching me this morning. My order is in and thanks for the info.
Mike

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. (Salvador Dali 1904 - 1989)
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 11:34am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

WoW...someone took the idea and is now making money with it!!!  Looks like a great tool.  With a bit of acetone you could get one blade/applicator to last years!!!
Nice find!

Here's a link for it on Amazon:
Click Here
Stick one of these on a long piece of dowel and if you break a stringer after you've covered your model you can push the broken stringer back in place and use this to drop a bit of CYA on the break and you're back in business! Cheesy Wink

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Sep 27th, 2019 at 9:45pm

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

Got this on Amazon.

I use thin CA for some things like fuselage stringers, etc. Even though I use fine tip applicators, I have a problem with excess glue coming out. Maybe this tool will help.

Someone (Tom, maybe) suggested using the eye of a sewing needle to do much the same thing.

glue_looper.png (338 KB | 4 )
glue_looper.png
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print