Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tissue markings (Read 265 times)
Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 10:19am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

If you have MicroSoft Office it usually includes several programs including MSPaint.  It's a very versatile program.  Click Here for removing backgrounds with MSPaint
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 7:16am

Kaintuck   Offline
Controled landings are
best!
Lawrenceburg tn

Thanks fellas.....technology is good in some ways....now if I can just operate my smarty pants phone🙄

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 10:12pm

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

No need for any fancy programs. If you are running a windows computer, then press CTRL + PRTSC to take a picture of your entire screen, or  ALT + PRTSC to take a picture of only the active window. You can then paste the result into your favourite paint program and edit it.

ian

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 4:00pm

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

Here's a free program that is very helpful in making tissue decals. It's a program that takes a picture of the monitor screen, and what makes it nice is that you can crop the picture to whatever size you want. I use it to crop out images from a sheet of decals.

You want the ScreenHunter 7 Free download.

https://www.wisdom-soft.com/downloads/downloadfiles.htm

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 9:01am

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Kain - I'm definitely not any authority on this art form but have done a bit of reading and have a couple of web sites that may help so start here.
http://www.parmodels.com/techniques-and-references.html#

When you get there, scroll down to the article regarding printing on tissue.

For decals to copy, do your search on the web using the query "decals" or "model airplane decals" and the results should bring some starting points. you can refine your search from there. Try this one for starters.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1BFLC_enCA676CA676&q=model+aircraft+decals&t...
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 8:14am

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

This is a huge subject with many and different techniques. Our forum has a tissue section, this may be a good place to start, and you can post your questions there.

If you can be as specific as possible in your questions, the folks here will have an easier time in getting to the points that you need answers to. I've found this subject to have a long learning curve, and so don't expect a '25 words or less' answer!!  Smiley

How to make and apply tissue decals has been one of my favorite topics, and I feel like I have only touched the surface on what is a lengthy and challenging subject.

Good luck!!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 8:13am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

There are many ways to apply markings to a model.  Check the Tissue thread and the Decal Thread on this site. Easy Built has many tissue cals that can be purchased directly from them: Click here for Easy Built Tissue Cals

Check here for some other ideas as well: Click Here
Sky9pilot
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2019 at 10:20am by Sky9pilot »  

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Nov 2nd, 2019 at 5:56am

Kaintuck   Offline
Controled landings are
best!
Lawrenceburg tn

I can't find a tutorial on how to get those wonderful tissue letters and markings you guys do....I can use the laser printer at work, it's only black ....
How the heck is this done???

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print