HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Black tissue lettering (Read 200 times)
Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2019 at 8:19am

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Tissue is so delicate..I keep tearing it....

I have had that trouble also and it was a result of something on the cutting surface under the tissue and the blade runs into it and drags it along tearing the tissue. A new piece of foam board and a new blade is the answer. I use scalpel blades, seem to be a bit sharper.
Mike

"Vision is the art of seeing things unseen." James Joyce
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2019 at 5:31pm

Sky9pilot   Online
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Did you read the article on sandwich cutting letters and numbers by chance? Tissue letters and numbers   Just a hint here.  You can coat the back of the tissue with glue stick and let it dry then sandwich the tissue between wax paper on the glue side and two sheets of bond paper on the outside of the tissue layers. Use the number of tissue layers you'll need for all the letters and numbers for your aircraft.  I usually draw or print the letters or numbers on the bond paper to use as a pattern for cutting them out.  Tape the sandwiches down tightly to a cutting pad or foam board from the Dollar Store.  Using a new Xacto knife cut out the letters.  The glue stick can be reactivated with rubbing alcohol in a small brush while they are in place on the model.  If they don't stick good enough, used thinned white glue to reseal them.  A little goes along way! So use a small brush and use it sparingly.
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2019 at 4:09pm

Kaintuck   Offline
Controled landings are
best!
Lawrenceburg tn

I’m gonna try Undecided
Tissue is so delicate..I keep tearing it....

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2019 at 12:54pm

pb_guy   Online
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

Use the glue-stick really lightly on the back of the pattern, or let it mostly dry out. When you attach the tissue to the 'back' of your pattern, the letters come out the right way. Then you can glue it down with a wash of thinner, or dope, or 'Future'. And if you 'paint' your tissue before cutting it out, it will make it stiffer for cutting.

ian

IP Logged

Dec 28th, 2019 at 6:35am

Kaintuck   Offline
Controled landings are
best!
Lawrenceburg tn

I’ve been trying to do the lettering on my chambermaid....looks bad. Do you reverse the lettering in a computer, then glue stick to tissue to cut out?...I don’t have access to a useable printer so, stick n cut is the only way I can work...
Marc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print