Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Symmetrical? (Read 63 times)
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2020 at 6:26pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Huey, a friend of mine had a Tri-Pacer back in the 1970's and I fell in love with it. Brown with Cream trim and ive always wanted to build one. I have several plans, but just never moved it to the front of my list.
I will follow your build when you start with great interest.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Feb 28th, 2020 at 5:09am

Huey v77   Offline
I hate P51's, live east
of Cleveland Ohio.
Orwell, Ohio

I’ve been wanting to build a TriPacer for some time. Missed a couple on eBay. So, Outerzone. Downloaded a couple of plans, had them printed out at one of those office supply places. One is a nice size with a 18” wing span. I use my copier to make smaller sections to build from. Having been a Draftsman at one time, symmetrical counts.
The horizontal stabilizer didn’t look symmetrical. Made a copy and cut it out. Cut that in half and payed them on top of each other. Nope! Used the one that looked correct and modified the plan.
As you see, the wing panels are separate on the plans. Didn’t even check. Built both wing panels. I was in the process of sanding them that I noticed something didn’t look right. Placed them together, butt rib to butt rib. The left wing was 1/8” wider than the right. Fortunately the trailing edge piece I used was wide enough to trim off a eighth inch.

I been told “Never ASSUME “.

It’s not a bad idea to check you plans out closely before building.

(379 KB | 15 )
C1E99E4C-1D18-409C-9A8C-B1A8B3E04C16.jpeg
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print