HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
COVID 19 (Read 141 times)
Reply #9 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 2:53pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Well Ian...there's no doubt that spin exists everywhere nowadays...media, politicians...even comedians...but if you know even the rudimentary facts concerning viruses...I recommend that you "keep your head down, lest that sniper be looking right at you when your turn comes."† This virus will go away when it damned well chooses...the same way all viral contagions have done throughout history.

My daughter does not get her information from the media, politicians, or comedians...and if she tells me it's serious...then it is.† It's already destroying the world's economies...and no amount of trivializing will make it ok.† For some...a gentle bedside manner is what they want to hear...but remember, some folk are better informed than others.† Take that to the bank.

Be safe, Ian...take care and stay healthy.

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 1:58pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Ian, that is a good read.

I also think the media has much blame in the hype and why I cannot get any toilet paper at the moment, but it will be over as you've stated and things will go back to normal.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 11:14am

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

I am a biologist, but not a doctor. My background is in forestry. But I know where to look and who's information to trust. There is a thing called 'herd immunity' which deals with viruses in the general population, which is why the infections 'burn out and die' eventually without decimating the population. The problem is that the media has blown this 'pandemic' all out of proportion. We know from actual data, coming out of places like Italy, that anyone under the age of 30 without pre-existing complications are 100% safe if they get this Chinese Wuhan Covid-19 virus. We also know that the most vulnerable are those with compromised immune systems, which is mostly the elderly. However, even in populations of just the elderly, not all get the virus because of natural immunities, and in those elderly populations, the mortality rate is only about 2%. If you compare the Wuhan virus to the regular flu, you will find not much difference at all. We don't react this way to the regular flu, so there is no reason to react this way to the Wuhan virus.

Next, there is a treatment that many reputable doctors have tested on known infected people, and if started early enough, it has had a 100% success rate in eliminating the virus in only 5 days. The only problem is 'red tape'. The prevailing dogma is that you can't use a drug, even if it has been in use for more than 50 years with only minimal side effects, unless it has had a period of intensive testing, which usually takes somewhere between 5 and 10 years. Fortunately, President Trump has intervened on behalf of the general population to make this drug treatment available to the American people. Of course, the media is doing their best to continue to hype hysteria instead of helping the general population. But with a cure readily available, everyone should be able to get back to work immediately while production of Hydroxychloroquine gets underway.

In the meantime, those of us who are retired are the most vulnerable group, and we should avoid crowds and interpersonal contact, and continue to wash our hands and keep them away from our faces.

ian

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 8:14am

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Praying for us all, knocking on wood, calling on various deities, everything might help....  I'm something of a pessimist as it is.  Of course, you all know the difference between a pessimist and an optimist...the pessimist is generally better informed.

I spoke with my daughter last Sunday (via telephone...she's a doctor) and asked her what she thought.  She asked, "Do you want the truth Dad, or what I say to everyone else?"  "The truth, of course," I responded.  To that she said, "I'm seriously worried...and a bit frightened.  I feel like it's only a matter of time for me.  I'm now treating my patients over the telephone...and those I do see, I'm in a bio-warfare outfit with a respirator/ventilator mask that blows air over my face...creates a positive pressure inside the mask.  Looks something like one of those old diving suits with the big heavy helmet."  She says that the contagion is greatest in the highest population densities right now, but that it will catch up to everywhere else eventually.  She furthermore "forbade" me to go out...for any reason!

Now if that's not doom-n-gloom, I don't know what is!  As for not going out...that's just not possible to obey.  Eventually, we're all going to have to go out and about.

Stay safe, my friends...be well.

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 5:35am

Huey v77   Offline
I hate P51's, live east
of Cleveland Ohio.
Orwell, Ohio

I wish to pass this info along. Thought about it and decided to share it with all of you. Iím not a doctor, only an airplane doctor. If it helps someone thatís what matters.

Iíve been using these items for years, when I feel something is coming on. I usually kick a cold with in 24hrs. This isnít an advertisement. I use these Shaklee products, Nutriferon (super immune booster) , Zinc Complex and Alfalfa Complex. Zinc interrupts a virus from passing thru the cell wall. Alfalfa is a natural antihistamine. Also I have Coconut oil on hand.

Iím not taking any chances, I hope this might help someone.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 11:00pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626†USA

Found this from the American Red Cross on things to do to avoid the coronavirus...

The American Red Cross is closely monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and following the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

We know this is a stressful time and people want to know what they can do right now to protect themselves and their families. Thatís why the Red Cross is highlighting some everyday steps that people in the U.S. can take now. In addition, stay informed about whatís happening in your local community and always follow the directions of state and local authorities.

LIMIT THE SPREAD OF GERMS AND PREVENT INFECTION

The Red Cross recommends the following steps to help prevent the spread of germs during this situation:

Stay home if you can and avoid gatherings of more than ten people.
Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; throw used tissues in the trash. If a tissue isnít available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.
If surfaces are dirty, clean them - use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection. Full information on how to disinfect found here.
Wear a facemask if you are sick. You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare providerís office.

According to the CDC, COVID-19 symptoms include fever, shortness of breath and a cough. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. Call your doctor for medical advice if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms.

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 8:21pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626†USA

We've had some rare winter/early spring sunshine here instead of rain and just had to get out and take a ride to get some of the sunshine!!  We've experienced a similar response up this way too.  I guess because Seattle has had such a hit the people around here are somewhat more concerned!  Being only two hours up the road!  We're reminded that nothing catches God by suprise.  Hang in there y'all and be smart and stay in and stay safe.  Wishing y'all health and peace though this time! 
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 4:10pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Neal, my son took me to the grocery store yesterday and I felt like it was Russia a few years ago. Many shelves were bare, but I live in the city where people panic and do stupid stuff. My brother lives in the country and its not so bad there only the paper products are effected. Went online to look for Puffs Plus and found that the local Office Depot stocks it, but by the time I got there it was gone.

OH Well! When this is over I plan on sending off for a couple of cases of MREs and stocking up on toilet paper for the next time milineals go crazy. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 3:49pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Hunkered down here, Bob...all set for a short-war, pantry is stocked, but perishables are in short supply.† Got some decisions to make...eat the cats and then the cat-food...or, keep the cats going so they can eat us last....† Walking into a grocery store right now is something like experiencing one of those 1950's scifi movies! Shocked  We're measuring the severity of the situation by how many cars AREN'T out there on the road.  There are some...so some folk just feel a need to "test the system."

Stay healthy, Bob.

Neal

IP Logged

Mar 21st, 2020 at 3:29pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Hoping all of you are OK during this epidemic scare and have plenty of paper products. The stores are empty.

Bob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print