Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rib template (Read 2770 times)
GRB

Stick & Tissue

Re: Rib template
Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2011 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
It is a great technique. I made one a couple of years ago as  a guide for cutting or rather slicing ribs for one of my pistachio planes. It worked great.

IP Logged

C.L. Chennault
Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2008 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Nice John,
Never seen one made out of brass before. That's going first class all the way. Wink
John

What does THIS button do?.........
IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Posh indeed. I like it. That would work well with a scroll saw. The brass keeps the parts from getting ever so smaller as you go along. I guess the glue on the outside of the ply would do the same if you were useing a knife. Smiley

eric

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."

IP Logged

papa
4 Star Member

Gravity sucks

Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Gosh that's posh Smiley

Being a woody kind of guy I usually make 'em in 1/32 ply (or 1/16 it they are more than 4" long) then push a couple of pins in 'em, snip off on the back, a splodge of the devil's glue and you're off Wink

(More usually I just glue a couple of bits of sandpaper to the face for a similar effect)

IP Logged

John Webster
3 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Rib template
Nov 22nd, 2008 at 1:01am
Print Post  
This tip is older than I am (I remember seeing new Hudsons, Studebakers and Ramblers) but it still works.

When you want to cut out a bunch of identical ribs a brass template is handy. Use a jeweler's saw to cut it out and then file it to the finished outline. A couple of holes in the template sized to the headed pins you use ensure that it doesn't slip during cutting.

When you begin to fly you are issued two bags, one full of luck and an empty one for experience.&&The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint