Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Indoors in Springfield. (Read 21364 times)
Charlieman
3 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Re: Indoors in Springfield.
Reply #36 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Super vids! Would kill to fly in a place like that! What was that yellow electric? Can't quite place it...

...anyway, you made my day. I'd ay keep it up but yer making me look bad. Cheesy

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #35 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Great videos...thanks for sharing....wish I had an indoor site like that. Grin Cool

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

C.L. Chennault
Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #34 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Last flight on test rubber. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OzB9NZQPlY

Tried a bigger motor and the nose fell off.  Embarrassed  My bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKhPjj8NP-8

Bobs Javelin. Better every time.   New motor and a tad out of balance. This plane will fly EVERY time.   I think you could tie a small brick to it and it would fly. !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWcxLrwrI4A

Got there late but had a great time anyway.  Around 11;00 the helies came.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqX1MHjA_7Y
This one is big enough to frighten me. I hope it never crashes when I'm around.  If I had hair, this would blow it around.

What does THIS button do?.........
IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #33 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Sounds awesome...look forward to the pics next week.

Tom

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #32 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Your not gonna believe this.  I took the camera and not one vid came out that was any good.  You cant believe how sad I am about that!!!!

Had a wonderful time !!!!  Bob came in early and we got some great times.  Bob got 43 seconds with his Javelin.  I think ten more turns would have put it in the rafters !!!  That thing climbs like a homesick angel. 

My memory model trimmed out and flew very well.  I had to back down the speed after hitting the rafters. After that, I got  a full 2.5 minute flight.    Stable and flat.   Inspires me to try the Jenny again.  Or maybe start over with a different plane.   Undecided Roll Eyes

My white high wing, whatever it is, flew much better than I expected.  Trimming was easy and I think I will try a longer motor.  Now that I see it might fly, I will add the rest of the details. 

Tried to fly the slow stick, but apparently I haven't learned to charge the batteries yet.  Bob is going to help me with that this weekend.  We are going to build a battery charging station and I am going to learn how to use it on time!!!   The few moments I got with it felt pretty good.  Pretty comfortable. Got the LG for it today. 

Never even got out the Vapor.  Ran out of time playing with the rubber powered stuff.  Time goes so fast when your flying.   Too fast!  Cant wait till next week.   I WILL have vid next week !!!!

Wish you all could have been there.

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #31 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Sure you forgot the camera....too busy flying to take pics huh Grin Grin Grin Wink Cool Cool

You're excused this time....but don't forget next week.  Maybe even talk the better half into filming ya'll as the two of you fly Cool

Tom

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #30 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Had a FANTASTIC day indoors today.  Got the slow stick sorted out.  I didnt do so well with it, but a couple other guys just tossed and flew it fine.  Once again, its not the plane, its the dumb thumbed pilot.    

The slow sick is kinda large indoors for me.   Need to alter the throws on the tail and try it outside where I can get some altitude.   I feel pretty confident I can do it, but not where folks cant dodge the errant thing.   Grin   Those guys thought they were safe, just because they were sitting along the outside.  I showed them!!!!   NOWHERE is safe when I have the radio.  Grin Grin 

Got the memory model going again.  Needs a few tweaks, but it will be fine.  

Bob came with his Javelin.  He tossed it once without any winds and I knew right then it would fly.  We tryied to make it fly left but it didnt want to.  We went right and after a couple thrust adjustments, presto!!!
I think he could easy get as much or more time than mine.  He weighed it and calculated the wing area.  Came up with .32 grams per square inch!!!!   Awsome!!!   All with stock wood!!!!  With enough rubber, it might well do a minute indoors.  Thats pretty darn good for an outdoor plane.  Better than any of mine.  

It sure is alot of fun to fly with someone.  Thats the first time in my life I have flown SnT rubber free flight WITH another real person.  My wife has helped me fly mine MANY times, but thats not the same as having someone bring his own plane.  Of course I forgot the camera. Duh.  Will vid next week.  

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #29 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Yep, that's the vapor.  Just about as slow as it gets.  Almost indestructible, almost.  Roll Eyes  She does real well with it.  Altogether she probly doesn't have maybe 6 hrs flight time on it.   Funny, she can throw a glider farther than I can too.   Huh

Yep, we had the kiddie pool to ourselves.  The big kids were practicing 3D stuff next door in the full size field. If one of those jewels gets loose and comes even close to a vapor, its toast.   Shocked Shocked Cry  Sometimes a guy comes in with one swinging a 9 inch prop.  When it's "hovering" you can feel the wind.

Hoping that maybe this week, I will get the slow stick together.  I have everything I need, but its buried in my mega messy work room.  Worse than its ever been.  Been on a binge lately gathering up parts and pieces.  Soon enough I hope to get a motor for the oldtimer.  Currently my table and floor is covered with boxes and plane parts.

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #28 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Outstanding....she's got it down pat.  What some of the guys in the RC circle called educated thumbs Grin Wink Cool

That's a vapor isn't it?  Really nice gentle, slow flyer.  Looks like great fun.  You musta had the whole place to youselves??? 

Really nice place to fly....

Tom

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #27 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/user/thymekiller?feature=mhsn
This is momma flying.  She is on vacation this week.  Goes back monday.
Only her third trip indoors.  Better than me.
One thing for sure, it takes me away from work and the real life.

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #26 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 11:23am
Print Post  
That's one crazy plane...er fish...that is flying fish... Grin Grin Wink Cool

Fun Fun Fun....  I remember a fellow at my RC club years ago had a flying lawnmower, a witch on a broom/ regalo wing and an eagle kinda like the eagle you showed videos of....

Keep the pictures coming...

Tom

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #25 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Home made by Damion.  He also has a pig, eagel, and a cardinal.  Shows what you can do with a basic theme and some imagination. 

Yep, thats a hook and rubber worm in its mouth.  It flies pretty well despite that cone in front of the prop.

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #24 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Thyme...er  "That Rubber Guy" Grin Wink

Great update...I like to hear about the indoor stuff...Let's see some more pics of the T-Craft????

Wish I had an indoor site...

As far as RC goes....I'd love to get into the ParkZone stuff to do as you say  fly till the airframe is toast and move the internals to a Stick and Tissue bird. 

Keep em flying and soft landings,

Tom

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #23 - Oct 14th, 2011 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Finally figured out the trim buttons for the Vapor.   Now I can fly it pretty decent.  I am learning to line up for landings.  Getting much better.   I can get a full 30 minute flight from it without hitting the floor.   Cool Cool  I love to do slow fly-bys and cant wait to build a warhawk.  I have my eye on a bi-plane.  Its an Albatross d4, I think. The one with the wood body sides and round fuse.  Looks pretty decent in the air.  Its foam.  Also an rtf.  Please dont hate me.  Its cheap, almost indestructible and super easy to repair.  Except for crashing it so much, I would build all my planes, but I'm still learning to fly and frankly, rebuilding EVERY time I fly is getting old.   
Also, the radio brick and motor and stuff to install in a stick and tissue plane costs just as much or more to buy separately.  This way, I can fly it till its destroyed, and build anything I want later.

Another person, sadly I cant recall his name this morning, gave me a slow stick.  It has everything I need to fly it but I have to put the pieces together.  Amazingly simple plane. It really is a stick with wings. Will post pics after its built.  The advantage to it is its size. It can carry a small load.  I'm told it flies just like the vapor and can be flown indoors or out, as long as the wind is under 5 mph.  With practice, I can fly it in slightly higher wind, but because it is so light and has so MUCH wing area, it tends to drift around in heavy wind and cant take strong wind.   Unlike the Vapor, it has a actual airfoil and a solid [foam] wing.  Its not as much of a powered kite as the Vapor.   

Now that I have better control I can fly at home when the wind lets me.  They mowed the field next door and so I have maybe 20 acres to fly on and still be able to find it.   Grin  Not sure about the range on the indoor radio the Vapor came with but now I can find out.

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #22 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Learned something today.  The radio that came with the Vapor has duel rates and can be set for trim. 
Reset the motor on the Memory model and boy, I wish I had left well enough alone.  Now I have to set it back and LEAVE IT ALONE !!!
Will build a box for it this week.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint