Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Indoors in Springfield. (Read 21362 times)
thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Indoors in Springfield.
Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Stupid snow messed it all up!!!!! @#&%@*$@  I dont even know when the next one will be. Soon, I will find a place to fly indoors, even if I am alone and pay for it myself.  Angry Somebody around here is gonna let me in !!!!!  I want it more than once every two months.

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Fine. But I draw the line at deodorant and underware. Grin
If I sit at the far end, they couldnt see anything anyway. Grin Grin

IP Logged

Black Lion
4 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Shirt, pants and shoes would be a nice touch unless you don't want them to be lookin' at the airplanes. Grin

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
The next meet is coming up!!!!
WOO-HOO !!!!
Gonna take many more planes and supplyies. Have secured a table of my own. Will post vids.

Rubber. all of it this time.  
Clay and lead.  not playdo. Found out that playdo changes weight as humidity changes, then dries out.
Scales.
My own table and chairs. If they let me.
Super glue.
Glue stick and tissiue.
Clear tape.
Small amount of wood. assorted stick sizes.
A paper with several websites on it.
A notebook to write down contact info and give credit to the builders/flyers.
A lunch box.
Lube.
Winder.
Razor blades.
Anybody think of anything else?

If the jenny glides ok, I might put it on a teather. Maybe. Gonna take our r/c elect and do some spruce goose stuff. Get some pointers from the other flyers. Not ready to release anything powered indoors. I fear for the safty of the others. Grin Grin
Will also glide the T-craft.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2010 at 5:11am by thymekiller »  

IP Logged

Charlieman
3 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Nice showing, especially for a relative newcomer. Your progress is very impressive. I find your go-get-um spirit most invigorating. Don't sweat the contest/jitters

The powered portion of your p-40 flight appears pretty darn good. I think you are right on, needs longer motor.

Hope to join you (in kindred spirit) flying soon! Want to finish my own design No-cal, so I'd better get cracking. Thanks for the kick in the pants!

IP Logged

Black Lion
4 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Nice showing as the solo rep there! Truth is...after watching the video I'm sorta thinking about that P-51 again. There's a Guillows Spirit of St. Louis sitting around, too....the sheet balsa model.

Hmmm...maybe I should change my ID to "2MUCHSTUFF"????

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Indoors in Springfield.
Oct 29th, 2009 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1U_FdIXLJw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVqeof_LvBI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ayGWHVblm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Ptsznglg8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkr_kpOKHL0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j2GWxnRm8A

That last one is my favorite.  Grin Thats me! Finally got a chance to fly it. Thanks Guys. Couldnt have done it without all the help on the cookup. I'm certian that it will be BETTER next time. Learned ALOT!!!!!!

This is my first event, indoors or out, so bear with me while I try to learn to report. Undecided Undecided

Special thanks to Bruce Clemmins  for making it possible to have an indoor elect fly-in at the OTC ICW room. [local collage]
There were many helios [ now the wife wants one ] and quite a few planes from profile fomies to some great stuff from Park Zone and GWS. [ She wants one of those too. Rats. Cheesy] Saw quite a few home built planes. THAT lifted my spirits. Will post still frames later.
We were the only rubber powered craft. I was very NERVOUS !!!!
Grin Cry Shocked Embarrassed
Much to my surprise, Everybody was cool with it. We were welcomed with open arms and many asked questiones. Several looked at my plane and I could see rememberance in some of thier eyes. Really.
They granted me my time on the floor and clapped when I finally got it [ sorta ] right.  Wink We walked along the row of craft and got to ask questions and everybody was as friendly and informative as they could be. Overall , it seemed lke I was the only person  there who did not know how to act. There was never a feq issue, the floor was never crowded, smiles everywhere and even a few laughs. Lots of "ooh's" and "aah's"  !!!

If all goes well, Jan 30th we get to do it again. [ please, please,please!!!!]
I plan to bring ALL my planes. [ And maybe mommas new helio ] And a picnic lunch. And the correct rubber.  oops. I have never packed to fly somewhere else. I thought I had it all.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin
Also, we will take our elect. r/c. So far, all we have done is crash it.  Cheesy I believe that MANY could show us how to "Spruce Goose" the thing. Show us if it is set up correctly. RTF isnt as RTF as you may think. [as I wanted to think Embarrassed ]
I was leary of "events", but now I think I was missing something.  

More later
thymekiller

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint