Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tricky paint scheme? (Read 2831 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Tricky paint scheme?
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I'm jealous...what a find.

Look forward to seeing something posted soon.

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Black Lion
4 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
It was several months after posting this that I scored a digital projector off eBay that will project an image up to 35 feet diagonal!

Yeah...it's a big sucker but it was only $150 used with shipping and had more than 1/2 it's lamp life left in it. This thing is awesome!

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Just saw this and wanted to say it's a great idea...why didn't I think of that????? Grin Wink

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Black Lion
4 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Tricky paint scheme?
Mar 21st, 2010 at 9:29am
Print Post  
In my younger days (there were quite a few, actually) I went through a phase where I dabbled with oil and acrylic paints pretty much pretending to be an artist. During this pseudo existence I met and started dating a girl whose father was a commercial artist. Nice guy, quite talented and he even shared a trick of the trade he used in creating his works.

In his home "studio" he had these albums of slides all sorted and categorized: fences, trees, barns, houses, etc. and as I flipped through them I asked what they were for. He informed me that he used those for making the layout drawings by projecting the images on his canvas then sketching them in. By moving the projector around he could get different perspectives (angling the projector) and any size he required by varying the distance between canvas and projector. What a cool idea, right?

This concept was used to create a background for the HO train layout my dad and I had in the garage. Just project a picture on the wall and sketch it in then paint it. Screen and plaster was laid to make the landscape merge and continue on. It wasn't ideal but it sure beat freehanding it all.

So I saw in a post here about camo motifs and, what with this day and age of digital projectors and projector phones, I thought that maybe this tip might help someone with a difficult paint scheme or, for that matter, a diorama background if they're into that as well. it could even help in properly placing insignia/decals.

Just a technique that I figured I might pass along to someone who might be in a quandry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint