Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Help with this one (Read 3168 times)
Dooley
2 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Re: Help with this one
Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the info, gents. I asked the question right before I wenty away on vacation, and have been meaning to get back here and express my thanks for the ID.

Knew I'd find the answer here!

IP Logged

John Webster
3 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Smacking myself upside the head for missing this one. I knew it looked familiar.

I flew one back about 1980. Delightful airplane. Sticks instead of wheels. The only thing I didn't like was the bungee trim system.

When you begin to fly you are issued two bags, one full of luck and an empty one for experience.&&The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

IP Logged

staubkorb
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
It's a Varga 2150a Kachina (if it's the all metal version).  The design started life around 1955 as the wood-framed Vorrisey Nifty, changing to an all metal construction in '58.  Shinn acquired the  rights to the design in the early '60s, building a number of them (40-50) before selling to Varga in '65.

Varga made a few changes, mostly preformance issues with a more powerful motor.  Based on the mfr. date (1979 - FAA Registry) it is the VARGA "Kachina".

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Dooley
2 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Help with this one
Jul 31st, 2010 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Caught this little number at a local air show last week and haven't been able to identify it. Can anyone help?

( 233 KB | 33 Downloads )
NavyGoldLilApple_3815.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint