Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Legal Eagle Plan - MisTrial (Read 6402 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Legal Eagle Plan - MisTrial
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Just a followup...didn't post pics of the prop but you can see it in these flight pics HERE

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Legal Eagle Plan - MisTrial
Mar 10th, 2011 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
These planes were designed for indoor endurance flying.  A group in Florida set a record for theses planes which are rubber powered of over 11 minutes.  I believe the record holder was an Alibi.  They all have names that spoof the Legal system.  "Alibi", "Mis-Trial", "Bar-Fly", "Legal-Tender" Grin Wink

Here's my first attempt at a Legal Eagle... It's from Mis-Trial plans found on the web. I've named her "Miss Trial" I didn't show construction sequences, it's a straight forward stick and tissue construction with 1/16 sq inch balsa sticks, except for the wingtip, horizontal stab and vertical stab leading edges, which are laminated 1/32 X 1/16 inch balsa.

I'm still working on the prop, which will be constructed of 1/8 inch dowl and laminated cardstock blades as suggested in the book Rubber Powered Model.  We'll see how this works out.  Here's the pics of the tissued model so far...

Closeup of cockpit and nose...

It has a single central landing gear and the Horizontal stab has down turned tips that allow it to ROG.
I'll post the prop when it's completed.

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint