Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Stinson 105 tutorial for beginners (Read 23048 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

The Stinson 105 tutorial for beginners
Dec 30th, 2013 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Hi Y'all,
I'm going to be building a Comet Dime Scale Stinson for the cookup and it's a good candidate for a tutorial for building from plans.  It's a simple plan from the early days of Stick and Tissue modeling. I remember buying them as a kid, but they were a bit more than a dime at the time.  By the way, the original cost of these kits was 10 cents, and called scale because they represented a real aircraft, therefore the Dime scale nomenclature. 

Some call building from scratch starting by drawing your own plans first.  I've always thought of building from scratch as building from plans without any parts pre-cut or drawn on the balsawood.  So we'll be calling this build as a scratch build, using the Comet Dime Scale plans found here in the plans section and on the internet.  Check out the Comet Dime Scale Cookup thread for links for the plans at various places.  http://www.stickandtissue.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1385340873

This build will be easier to do than the previous Spitfire build in this thread. It will also be easier to successfully fly and trim because it's a high wing aircraft.  So starting the first of the year we'll get this tutorial going so feel free to ask questions and follow along on this build.  If I don't have the answers, I'll do my best to find them for you.
Tom
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2018 at 3:28pm by Sky9pilot »  

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint