Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) News on the SFA? (Read 8513 times)
staubkorb
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Re: News on the SFA?
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 7:48am
Print Post  
OK guys and gals, here i my (semi)official take on the situation:

About Small Flying Arts...  Sad Angry Angry

SFA is down - possibly for the count since Arjun refuses to communicate.  I even have some assistance from Gwyl (GRB on the Forum) who was able to get a reply after we found a usable contact email.  Arjun stated that he would "try to look into the issue on the weekend" - that was three weekends ago.

Further attempts to get a rise from Arjun have failed.

Does anyone happen to have had previous contact with Bhagat's family on a personal level?  If so, maybe a private email to his mother or other member of the family, explaining what is (or better, NOT) happening would help.  I personally believe that SFA has run its course and is beyond saving, tho Qwyl has offered to act as webmaster (he has the abilities that I don't), or even start a "new" site based on the SFA format.  This can/will only happen when or IF Arjun gets the site back up and provides the server access.  In the event of the creation of a "new" FF Forum (and that's a BIG "if") by me or anyone else is not to be seen as an affront to  Hip Pocket or Stick and Tissue, but hopefully to continue where we left off - with vast improvements.

...but don't hold your breath...

It IS a shame that most of the content would be hard to access - if not impossible - but at least  the Internet Archives (Wayback machine) are available.

I will continue attempts to coerce arjun (small-case intentional) to relinquish his stranglehold and reactivate the site (and I hope Gwyl does the same), but the situation has burned me out in more ways than I care to mention.

I will continue to build and fly, however, my presence on the Forums will be much less (6-8 hour/day on the confuser is TOO much!) and will no longer participate in cook-ups (I've a lousy finish record anyway).  I WILL be available for any questions, tips or whatever (email or directly on a thread - I won't notice a PM if I'm not logged in).

Thanks to all!

Pete

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

staubkorb
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Sorry to say, but don't hold your breath Angry.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

spooler41

Stick & Tissue

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 2:45pm
Print Post  

The last few times I've tried to get on to SFA, all I get i
an error message saying there is a server error. I hope
it's not terminal.

.........................  Jack

IP Logged

GRB

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
I was able to make contact with Arjun late last week and I was understanding that he was going to try to get it going over the weekend.  Not sure if he was able to look into it or not, as the site is still not working.

Gwyl

IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

News on the SFA?
Mar 23rd, 2015 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Is the SFA still down and is it coming back up?
Does anybody know or hear anything?

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint