Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic P30 fuse (Read 2506 times)
wind surf

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: P30 fuse
Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Well lets see how it turns out.Wood soaked overnight in water. Pvc thick waled and raped with plastic.Wood went on with no splits thats good.Raped with ace bandage.Now should i glue it as i pull it off?

IP Logged

staubkorb
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:59am
Print Post  
If you do decide to use PVC tubing for the mandrel, make sure it is RIGID PVC - preferably thick wall - or you'll likely end up with an open-ended wurst.  I prefer aluminium tubes - and a good coat of release wax (or a wrap of SARAN Wrap).

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

wind surf

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the feedback.

IP Logged

applehoney
3 Star Member

Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
>And the only dope i have is fuel proof will it work?

As an aside, there ain't no such animal.   Butyrate is proof against only low percentages of nitromethane; 15% .. just maybe 20%  .. but anything over that requires fuel proofer to be brushed or sprayed on top.

That said, it will probably serve the purpose you have in mind, though I'd prefer nitrate.

IP Logged

wind surf

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

P30 fuse
Jul 27th, 2015 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
I have never made a rolled fuselage.I thought it be a good skill to have plus they look cool.let me describe my understanding how there done. First straight grain wood.Second Dope tissue to one side this will in up being the in side.Let dry. Soak overnight.Then rap around pvc pipe.Hold in place with ace bandage until dry.Glue seam with ca as it comes off mandrill.Now can i use titbond instead of ca while its still on mandrill? And the only dope i have is fuel proof will it work? Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint