Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Pre New age group build idea (Read 85595 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Pre New age group build idea
Reply #36 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
OK, found my plan and plane for this cookup.  The Northrup Gamma, found a plan on Outerzone copyrighted in 1934 hope I can squeeze it in just before the 1935-1945 time period.
The Northrop Gamma.
Sky9pilot

( 27 KB | 100 Downloads )
0f592d4b17d832df10aab6773495dd11.jpg

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

JIM
3 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #35 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Cheesy  'll do a guillows old timer.

jim Grin

IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Reply #34 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
No Comets on this build for me. Had several messagez though of guys doing some Guillows for the start up.

IP Logged

JIM
3 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #33 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
what no guillows or comet scale ww2models?

jim Grin

IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Reply #32 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Sky..was just thinking of that while scouting out Amazon and Tiger Direct I should throw in the Epson Style Ink. Its gotta have Bluetooth and wifi 1st. Hated to point out one company to buy from..I like Volare and also Aero-Workes,but Penn Valley seems to be a 1 stop shop for this cook-up if people cant plan build. Somehow you guys building all these old planes got.me away from the warbirds for awhile..lol
PB-- my old printer had a scanner and I seriously almost wore it out. No wifi or bluetooth though and I needed it. Can sitat work and print plans at home..lol. if it wasnt for needing color, i would buy a laser printer.

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #31 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Can you even find a printer today that doesn't have a scanner, bluetooth, wifi, fax and a shoe-shine kit built in?
It is cheaper to buy a new printer than to buy replacement ink! Just wait until after Christmas for the sales.
ian

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #30 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Gunny...you might want to consider a printer with color fast ink/dye that doesn't run when water hits it! Like Epson in case you might want to print tissue at a later date.

I'd love to have one that was wireless and wifi capable also! While I'm wishing!

Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Reply #29 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Actually I have never built any of them. I found em all in printwood for sale and my printer took a serious meltdown and
this time I want to get a decent printer that I can wifi and bluetooth to it. Lol..I have enough wood stashed I could prolly build a dozen of each.  But seriously, I think I will point the kit buyers towards Penn Valley Hobbies if nothing more than
for the simple fact he offers a huge selection of kits at decent prices. If it was LC kits also then it would be a different game. I really want a Wakefield in the Supersize version (in denial here..I will probably build the whole list) kinda wish I had a original copy of a Wake to use.

IP Logged

bigrip74
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
NcGunny wrote on Dec 18th, 2015 at 1:47pm:
I have narrowed my selection down to a full size Wakefield or a Sunbeam,Phantom, Miss Canada, Rainbow. Cant decide yet.. leaning towards the 1st two though.

Gunny, do you have plans for any of these Wakefields?

Bob

IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Reply #27 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
I have narrowed my selection down to a full size Wakefield or a Sunbeam,Phantom, Miss Canada, Rainbow. Cant decide yet.. leaning towards the 1st two though.

IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Reply #26 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
I put up a post on the Comet Facebook page last night.

IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Reply #25 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Staub, I have 3 of the tubes but I did open 1 and use some of it on a old Comet kit I had bought and copied. Lol..it is a powerful smelling glue,not offensive to the nose but powerful. Amber colored and kinda thick. The new stuff is all runny and has a weird odor to it. I am pretty sure that most of the "fletching glue" for arrows is almost the same as Ambroid,even smells similar. I have some Bohning Fletch-Tite and its cellulose based. Funny they cant air mail it either.

IP Logged

staubkorb
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #24 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
Pete, I remember the small tube of glue that came with plastic kits. I don't remember those in a balsa kit, but I do remember that stinky tube you are speaking of Tongue. There was another tube of adhesive that came in a tube or glass jar we would get from either the 5 an dime or the hardware store, I don't remember the name. The fluid was a light yellow and dried the same color.

Bob
That might have been LePage's paper glue - smelled almost as bad as the stuff from the Strombecker kits, but was likely diluted for use as "glue for paper".

NcGunny wrote on Dec 14th, 2015 at 7:02am:
I had seen the Ambroid, Elmers and another that I cant remember the name of right now. I have two tubes of Comet kit glue left that I have no problem believing are still useable today. They are in a plain aluminum tube and not solidified at all. I had read a post awhile back of a guy that had bought 1 1/2 CASES of Ambroid from his LHS for a buck each. It was one if those things where the cases got lost in the storeroom forever and when inventory control was all on paper.
Shop owner couldnt sell it,and most didnt even know what it was used for. So the poster bought it for 1.00 each,which was probably still more than what the owner paid for it originally.

I was going to say 'open one up and use it, and let us know what you think', but, those gems might be worth a small fortune!  There are collectors out there (on the 'Bay), who've dropped a bundle on an "old tube of hobby glue".  I watched a single un-marked (plain metal, kid's thumb sized) one go on the US site for a really outrageous price - IIRC, > $75.00, so you might want to hang onto them.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Reply #23 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 7:02am
Print Post  
I had seen the Ambroid, Elmers and another that I cant remember the name of right now. I have two tubes of Comet kit glue left that I have no problem believing are still useable today. They are in a plain aluminum tube and not solidified at all. I had read a post awhile back of a guy that had bought 1 1/2 CASES of Ambroid from his LHS for a buck each. It was one if those things where the cases got lost in the storeroom forever and when inventory control was all on paper.
Shop owner couldnt sell it,and most didnt even know what it was used for. So the poster bought it for 1.00 each,which was probably still more than what the owner paid for it originally.

IP Logged

bigrip74
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Pete, I remember the small tube of glue that came with plastic kits. I don't remember those in a balsa kit, but I do remember that stinky tube you are speaking of Tongue. There was another tube of adhesive that came in a tube or glass jar we would get from either the 5 an dime or the hardware store, I don't remember the name. The fluid was a light yellow and dried the same color.

Bob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 
Send TopicPrint