Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Pre New age group build idea (Read 85596 times)
NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Re: Pre New age group build idea
Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 8:18am
Print Post  
I was thinking we could do a vote on a plane or two and do a group buy for the kits. At one time i know i had got a email that DPC could do printed up kits. I thought that a grp buy might attract more people who really cant plan build. But if we can find a supplier that has assortment that might be a option also. Might put a post up on HPA also.

IP Logged

staubkorb
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Sky9pilot wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 5:25pm:
I'm interested later on this winter after I get a couple of the latest out of the way.  I'm interested in the Golden Age Air Racers.   A Mr. Smoothie or a new Chambermaid since my last one didn't survive the Grandson tantrum a couple years back!  Both are great flyers!  Count me in! Even if I'm a bit late!

EDIT: 4:31 pm- After thinking a minute...we just did an Air Racers Cookup so I'll be looking a more planes of the 30's and 40's.  Lots there to look at.  I already have a few in mind!
Tom

Chambermaid or Smoothie, as an aircraft, fits in the period, but I guess the idea is to build from a model/plan that was available at that time?

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
I'm interested later on this winter after I get a couple of the latest out of the way.  I'm interested in the Golden Age Air Racers.   A Mr. Smoothie or a new Chambermaid since my last one didn't survive the Grandson tantrum a couple years back!  Both are great flyers!  Count me in! Even if I'm a bit late!

EDIT: 4:31 pm- After thinking a minute...we just did an Air Racers Cookup so I'll be looking a more planes of the 30's and 40's.  Lots there to look at.  I already have a few in mind!
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

bigrip74
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Gunny, it is now in the Cook Up section. So people! What do yall say?

Bob

IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Kk..i dont know how to move it,so if a Admin can that wud be great.

IP Logged

bigrip74
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Gunny, this sounds interesting. You may want to move this to the COOK UP SECTION to gain more attention to get more people interested in joining.

Bob

IP Logged

NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Pre New age group build idea
Dec 10th, 2015 at 5:36am
Print Post  
So I have been pouring over Golden Age builds and articles people have posted. Thanks go out to Sky9,Staub,Big, Thyme etc..(many others also) Got me to thinking of a group build for a plane from the 30's-40's. The snag would be that you would have to use period specific tools and equipment for that time. I realize not everyone has stuff like dope and banana oil on hand anymore so rules could be bent there. Also I might suggest if enough interest is shown that we do a group buy from a kit maker. Also...there wont be any new fangled magnetic building boards etc. If it wasnt available for that time..cant be used.  Grin Post something if you have interest and suggestions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 
Send TopicPrint