Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic First post, couldn't find a newbie section soooo.. (Read 2978 times)
bigrip74
Ex Member

Re: First post, couldn't find a newbie section soooo..
Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 11:59am
Print Post  
0311, welcome to S&T. If you would shout out at this link more members will shout back with more information also.

http://www.stickandtissue.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=hggffdd

Bob

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
You might find some info for a cockpit here: http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1761
ian

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 10:03am
Print Post  
0311...welcome to S&T... there's a welcome section it would do you good to peruse and a general questions section for questions you might have.  You'll find that the modelers here are very happy to assist you with your builds and try to answer any questions you have.

Sounds like you are building a display model rather than a flyer.  There is an amount of detailing that can be done for a flyer, but a complete cockpit wouldn't leave room for the rubber motor, unless you're building an RC conversion of your model.

If you want help in construction, post your build in the Current Builds section and the fellas and gals will join right in to assist you.

As far as exact scale for your particular model I don't know of any plans for what you are seeking.  If you read the engine construction and see how others have gone about simulating an engine for your particular airplane.  Often is helpful to find a picture online of the particular engine you seek and scale it to fit your particular model.  You'll find pictures of the various radials here in this section.  Check out John's tutorial on radial engines to get some ideas.

There are many ways to do wheels so you might want to check out the Current Builds Section for how the modelers do their wheels, there's probably as many ways to create wheels as there are modelers! Here's one way: Click Here

Don't be afraid to ask questions and once again, welcome to S&T.
Sky9pilot
Administrator

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

First post, couldn't find a newbie section soooo..
Dec 18th, 2015 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I'll just jump in with a question. I'm into building scale, my latest is the 1/6 scale Thunderbolt by Guillows. Does anyone have a link for wheels, engines, etc. for this scale? I'm going to attempt a scratch built cockpit which will probably use up all my time and patience.

Oh, and Hi. Cheesy <--- Had to use it, never seen that one before.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint