Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A/Honey Hangar (Read 3164 times)
applehoney
3 Star Member

Re: A/Honey Hangar
Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2016 at 11:17am
Print Post  
A change of approach ....   from left to right...    A Smeed 'Poppet' with ED Baby .46cc diesel,  a Plecan 'Hummingbird with MP Jet .6cc ...  and an original design with .4cc replica Mills.

The 'Poppet' had a half dozen flights three/four years ago ... 'Hummingbird' never flown, engine never run   ... the Mills model has been in the air for maybe a total of 12/15 flights in as many years.   I just do not have time to fly sport models and have to admit I soon get bored with the predictable low-performance flight patterns of  same.

( 378 KB | 43 Downloads )
Cabins__1050x464_.jpg

IP Logged

Bargle
3 Star Member

Oh crumbs

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2016 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Good looking Vargo-Wock, Jim. Hope you can hold on to this one.
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2016 at 4:03pm by Bargle »  

Sure it's a wrinkly mess, but it flies.

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Applehoney...great looking planes I especially like the Ellipsis.
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Interesting biplane idea. Necessity is the mother of invention.
If you want a sneak peek (low res) at the Vargo-wock plans, you can see it here compared with the Gollywock plan: http://www.sam1066.org/nc1208.pdf
ian

IP Logged

applehoney
3 Star Member

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
This might amuse you, though it's now long gone.   Years ago a friend in England ran a postal event for biplanes limited to a relatively small total area and I cameup with this little offering. I think about 20-22 inches span.

Little sucker was good for two minutes    and once even took a flyoff against larger 'normal' designs.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2016 at 10:19pm by applehoney »  

( 133 KB | 41 Downloads )
biplane028__Large_.jpg

IP Logged

applehoney
3 Star Member

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
No ... you can't buy a copy of the plan, sorry.

However, I'd be happy if you'd accept one.    I do have a spare copy in the 'extras' roll so all I need is a postal delivery address .  Send me a PM with it?   Right now there's a postal strike looming in Canada but I can mail it from Geneseo in about 10 days time.   

I assume that you have the 'Hepcat' in your SBF file?  Twin fins, too.   A delightful performer; lost mine years ago but don't think I ever had a photo of it..  The 'Aeolus' you already know, I believe.

Holding back?  Nothing really, just have my own Mulvihills here.  Smaller one has over 10 years flying under its wings and is starting to look its age; the larger is still not fully trimmed in almost three years due to various problems such as a soldered shaft joint failing at full torque and demolishing a fuselage.  Hopefully finally trimmed out at G-town.  There was a similar one years ago that was viceless and good for over six minutes in a dawn event; I kept it for flyoffs but finally lost it when it d/t'd into the fast flowing Genesee river.

( 205 KB | 36 Downloads )
dad_july14_001.jpg
( 66 KB | 46 Downloads )
Ellipsis_2010_001.jpg

IP Logged

cdwebb
4 Star Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
What a beautiful model!! I can see why you felt like you had to replace the lost one.

I've heard of the Vargowock before, but the best I can remember, I don't believe I've ever seen one - or a plan. It's got everything that appeals to me. Believe it or not, I have a file separate from rubber model plans on my computer strictly for twin fin SBFs. This one ain't in there! Is the plan offered by someone, or could I buy a copy from you? Something like this could be just what I need to re-kindle the building fire again.

BTW, how many more of this general design are you holding back?? Huh  Smiley

IP Logged

applehoney
3 Star Member

A/Honey Hangar
Jul 3rd, 2016 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Last year I 'donated' my Vargowock oldtimer to a VERY wet cornfield; I had no desire to go into it after 36 hours of continuous rain so didn't install the tracker - otherwise I would have been committed just to retrieve that.

Just completed a replacement in time for - hopefully - trimming at Geneseo week after next.      66gms including tracker (sans batteries) .

( 132 KB | 50 Downloads )
VW_001__640x221_.jpg
( 153 KB | 47 Downloads )
VW_002__420x312_.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint