Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Going bigger (Read 4342 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Going bigger
Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Another good choice!!! Sig Kadet Senior ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) Click Here
Or the kit to build Click Here
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

thymekiller
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
If I may, I would recommend the Kadet Senior.
Its a floater, easy to build, and a 3 channel, or 4 if you add flaps.
Because of the crazy lite wing loading, A local club uses one for candy drops.

Eric

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."

IP Logged

Gmodel

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Sky9pilot wrote on Nov 17th, 2016 at 11:09am:
For a beginner, as stated before, a high wing configuration is recommended.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better starter kit than the Telemaster range of kits.  You can select from micro to giant, your choice;  IC (Internal Combustion) engine or electric; 4 channel or more.  You were wanting something bigger.  The large and giant Telemasters as you'll see on this site will give you many options. Click Here Larger models are easier to fly for several reasons.  Vision (easier to see them and which direction they're going), more options for flying once basics are mastered, bigger planes handle air better, we scale the airplanes but the air stays the same.  Of course bigger means more expensive...but that Texan II you posted I'm sure was in the hundreds of dollars.  These kits are easily constructed and repaired.  The old saying, "there are those who've crashed and those who are going to crash!"  Even the experienced crash from time to time!  This is a very enjoyable hobby.  Can get very expensive as you progress in experience and then desires!  One reason I'm back to Stick and Tissue Free Flight.  But enjoy whatever area of airplane modeling you're into!!!  Just something about seeing your creations circling above your head! Grin Wink
Tom

Thank you for your reply it was very welcoming!
I have had a look at the Telemaster website and this is just what i was looking for and a nice affordable prices also. I am going to do a little research on YouTube and the site and get back to you all with a decision, see what you think ...

Thanks guys

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 11:09am
Print Post  
For a beginner, as stated before, a high wing configuration is recommended.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better starter kit than the Telemaster range of kits.  You can select from micro to giant, your choice;  IC (Internal Combustion) engine or electric; 4 channel or more.  You were wanting something bigger.  The large and giant Telemasters as you'll see on this site will give you many options. Click Here Larger models are easier to fly for several reasons.  Vision (easier to see them and which direction they're going), more options for flying once basics are mastered, bigger planes handle air better, we scale the airplanes but the air stays the same.  Of course bigger means more expensive...but that Texan II you posted I'm sure was in the hundreds of dollars.  These kits are easily constructed and repaired.  The old saying, "there are those who've crashed and those who are going to crash!"  Even the experienced crash from time to time!  This is a very enjoyable hobby.  Can get very expensive as you progress in experience and then desires!  One reason I'm back to Stick and Tissue Free Flight.  But enjoy whatever area of airplane modeling you're into!!!  Just something about seeing your creations circling above your head! Grin Wink
Tom

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 9:41am
Print Post  
I haven't flown R/C in a very long time. Things have changed.

You could start by looking here:
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?board=11.0
and here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-training-area-aircraft-electric-8/
ian

IP Logged

Gmodel

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 12:34am
Print Post  
pb_guy wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 10:44pm:
Welcome GModel. I take it that you currently fly a 1.5m w/s glider and you would like to build something more like a scale aircraft as displayed in your picture.
  I believe that there is a huge difference in flying the 2 different types of planes, and you would probably benefit from a basic to advanced trainer R/C job to practice with before investing huge time and energy in a model as shown in the pic. This would also give you some building skills (and repair skills) to use in your future fleet of aircraft.
ian

This is what i was trying to say yes, sorry about the poor writing! The picture is an example of something that i would like to upgrade to. But i'm happy with the advice of going for something a little smaller... Have you got an example of a RC plane that i could spend some time building and is suitable for a beginner in the bigger RC plane game.

Thanks guys

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Welcome GModel. I take it that you currently fly a 1.5m w/s glider and you would like to build something more like a scale aircraft as displayed in your picture.
  I believe that there is a huge difference in flying the 2 different types of planes, and you would probably benefit from a basic to advanced trainer R/C job to practice with before investing huge time and energy in a model as shown in the pic. This would also give you some building skills (and repair skills) to use in your future fleet of aircraft.
ian

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Gmodel,
Looks like a pretty large model.  Not being familiar with this model could you give us some details span, power, channels, weight etc.  When I looked up the Conscendo model I found a glider!  So is this a picture of your plane? 

This looks like a very nice rendering of the Texan II U.S. trainer.  You apparently have mastered the flying ability because this beauty doesn't show any hanger rash or crash damage. 

Are you looking to build from a plan, kit or ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) model.  Are you planing to use the components from this plane for your next plane or are you going to purchase all new components? 

This is all critical information for recommending possible builds for the future. 
When you've chosen a new build, I'm assuming you desire to continue in the rc (radio control) arena, just post your build on the rc thread and you'll find lots of assistance. 

IP Logged

Gmodel

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Going bigger
Nov 14th, 2016 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Hey guys,

First off its great to be on this forum looks like i'm in the perfect place for information. At the moment I own a Conscendo™ S 1.5m RTF which don't get me wrong i love and time literally fly's when i am out and about with my plane. Now i want a project to start. I want to build my own plane paint etc and fly it through the sky's. I have seen plenty of RC airplanes for sale but choosing is the problem. I have done some modeling before but not to this extent so i would need something maybe not beginner but not expert either. I would like to be able to build an RC plane either just as big or a little bigger than the Canscendo if possible . In a few years i would like to have a collection of different planes, sizes and designs that i ave built and that are fly-able.

Any information would be greatly appreciated guys.

Example image
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2016 at 8:06pm by Gmodel »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint