Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic From paper plan to CAD to laser cuting (Read 2591 times)
Niktus

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: From paper plan to CAD to laser cuting
Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 3:15am
Print Post  
fus drawing

( 46 KB | 4 Downloads )
fus_bluprint.png
( 8 KB | 4 Downloads )
bluprint_solo.png

IP Logged

Niktus

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Hello

I finaly build the TA cutting parts the good olds school way but I buidb it with a twisted fuselage and it wont fly anyway it was fun to build it discovering the "fil in" method so I didn't loose time

I fall on the FAI plan on some web link and have been amaze by those plans details are really crazy and I start drawing the part on CAD of the Beechcraft staggerwings for 2 mains reasons the first is that there is no grey zone all parts are draw and the leanding gear look like a true challenge
I just cut the some rib in .5 mm balsa and it's realy close to the plan drawing
I'm drawing the fus parts and it's consuming a lot of time...

let show you some pictures of the ribs
thanks for looking

( 236 KB | 4 Downloads )
IMG_20170720_192932_petit2.jpg

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2016 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Niktus...
CAD can be a whole lot of fun.  I came across a free TurboCad several years ago.  It's no longer available and doesn't have the 3-D capability but does allow me to draw 2-D plans.  Sometimes when I don't feel like building I search the net for a three view that inspires me and I try to whip out a plan of it in usually 27" span. 
This is one of the many enjoyable aspects of this great hobby! 

I like the looks of your TA-152 I've looked at the "H" model extensively.  Often times the early plans we find on the net were drawn from the best available data at the time and because of that there are some inaccuracies due to unavailable information. 

Just be careful.  I found that even with the internet the drawings and 3-views available don't agree with each other.  So pictures and as much research as possible are necessary to come up with a fairly accurate plan. 

Then again, we are making semi-scale models in stick and tissue!  So it boils down to how much you want to invest in time, energy and resources to come up with your plan.   Keep up the good work!

Check out my plan of the MC72 on the Schneider Trophy Racers Cookup reply #20 Click Here
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Niktus

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2016 at 11:39am
Print Post  
today I just ad the time to pick up a 3 view and scale it to see if I'm drawing the right plane
strange but the rear look realy close to the original size....

there is some "bump" in the from that is not in the plan so many wierd things

( 61 KB | 2 Downloads )
ta+3vues.png

IP Logged

Niktus

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

From paper plan to CAD to laser cuting
Nov 28th, 2016 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
hello
I'd like to show you some progress in my work, I 'm redrawing the plan of the TA 152  by Hal Cover from Flying Scale Models of WWII ,I discover  V Carve software while using a Shopbot CNC machine made for wood it's a long work because when you zoom on ligne draw with pencil it make a lot of wierd things

As you can see the layer in green is the correct copy of the side keel draw from the parts  sheet and it doesn't fit in the side view so I draw a new one in red that fit the stringer in the correct position  funny isn't it?

the other pic show the draw of the left wing the only one I will draw I decide to put CLARK Y profile instead of the original it was pretty easy to fin some point draaw of it and adjust it with scale to fit in the correct position

I dont blame Hal Cover is draw is shurely perfect but the scan of it and the effect of time on the paper make the work pretty hard

keep building and stay tuned CADer

( 21 KB | 7 Downloads )
ta152_strange.png
( 8 KB | 6 Downloads )
ta152_ailes.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint