Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Marcoux Bromberg (Read 10465 times)
New Builder
5 Star Member

Marcoux Bromberg
Mar 16th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
It's often said that confession is good for the soul. I hope so because this build is, hopefully, going to relieve some stress I've been carting around with me for several years. I've started working on this for about a month and been pretty quiet but introduced it in our model club meeting. I've also started this topic here several times but deleted it for various reasons, so here goes.

Several years ago I was browsing a model airplane magazine and ran across an ad for some race plane drawings from the American Air Racing Society. Since I wasn't building but collecting plans and drawings, I ordered every one of the copies available. In the ensuing time between order and shipment, I had a letter exchange with Rudy Profant in regards to my making a solid model of his Marcoux Bromberg race plane. I was completely incapable of that task but said I would give it a try. As time went on and life handed me several problems and alternate paths, I became fully engrossed in my career in the defense business and several other indulgences. Needless to say, I never got back to Rudy and have always felt quite a bit of guilt, so last year I went out on the internet to find the American Air Racing Society and no record anywhere. Started looking for Rudy and found his obituary. He is buried in the Wooster, Massachusetts cemetery. So, Rudy this one's for you.
New Builder
Mike

( 94 KB | 37 Downloads )
Marcoux_Bromberg_PDF_1.jpg
( 104 KB | 22 Downloads )
Marcoux_Bromberg_PDF_2.jpg
( 88 KB | 27 Downloads )
Rudy_Profant_Letter.jpg
( 179 KB | 24 Downloads )
Letter_from_Rudy_Profant.jpg
( 69 KB | 21 Downloads )
Overall_Wing_and_Airfoil_1.jpg
( 52 KB | 20 Downloads )
Wing_and_Airfoil_Closeup.jpg

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint