Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New to CO2 (Read 4302 times)
staubkorb
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Re: New to CO2
Reply #10 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 7:50am
Print Post  
Neat!  You may need to shorten the nose by a bay or two to compensate for the weight and length of the Gasparin.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Craig 3
5 Star Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2019 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
I'm watching! I'm glad you've found Jiri as easy to work with as I have. I'm feeling the urge to do another C02 build myself!

IP Logged

Down hill
2 Star Member

Did I just crash and burn
again ?????

Reply #8 - May 9th, 2018 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
This project started when I pulled out a Peck kit FA Moth built in late '92 and finished enough to fly in Feb '93, 25 yrs ago. Looking at some of the completed projects on this forum gave me the urge to build another Moth, we'll call it the Baby Moth, one with about a 15" ws. An earlier eBay purchase of BUILDING THE FLYING ACES MOTH by Bill Warner shows the proper way to build yourself a Moth. Spread across a couple of pages is a condensed copy of the Peck-Polymers plans. By enlarging the pages 141% you get the 15 inch version I built last month. Following are a pic of the plans used to build the Baby Moth and a picture of the Baby sitting beside the older standard sized Moth fuse with tail feather attached. The plan is to get the Baby up and running on rubber and then build another for the G28BB motor. Seems like the Baby would make a perfect CO2 R/C project, but we will stick with the rubber powered version for starters. That's about it for right now. Gotta mow grass.

At least it's all
Down hill

( 55 KB | 84 Downloads )
IMG_1053_small.jpg
( 68 KB | 87 Downloads )
IMG_1056_small.jpg

IP Logged

Down hill
2 Star Member

again ?????

Reply #7 - May 9th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Now for a closer look at the adapter itself.

( 41 KB | 85 Downloads )
IMG_1050_small.jpg

IP Logged

Down hill
2 Star Member

again ?????

Reply #6 - May 9th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Next is the 12oz CO2 paint gun bottle with the Gasparin adapter screwed on it.

( 65 KB | 78 Downloads )
IMG_1049_small.jpg

IP Logged

Down hill
2 Star Member

again ?????

Reply #5 - May 9th, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
The request for a few pictures is about to be answered. Let's try one of the little Gasparin 28BB motor in the ziplock.

( 59 KB | 85 Downloads )
IMG_1047_small.jpg

IP Logged

Down hill
2 Star Member

again ?????

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Guys:

I had problems with my email to Jiri Linka in The Czech Republic. His email answers keep showing up in my SENT email box for some reason. In any event, he got the message and quickly realized that he had sent me the wrong bottle adapter. He sent the proper item and it screwed right onto the 12oz CO2 bottle that I had purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods. It is such a sweet setup. Motor runs great. I will try to post some images in a day or so.
     Thanks again, Craig3
all appears to be,
Down hill

IP Logged

bigrip74
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2018 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
downhill, please post some photos for us all to enjoy the fun. And welcome to S&T.

Bob

IP Logged

Down hill
2 Star Member

again ?????

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your quick response, Craig 3. I will let you all know how this turns out when I get an answer.

Down hill

IP Logged

Craig 3
5 Star Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
The threads on the big cartridges vary in pitch from country to country & sometimes from supplier to supplier. I went through the rather steep learning curve myself. Jiri Linda at http://www.old-engine-model.com/en/k266.gasparin-co2-motory/ can probably sort out, and supply, what you need.

IP Logged

Down hill
2 Star Member

again ?????

New to CO2
Apr 22nd, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
     I just purchased a Gasparin G28BB as my first ever CO2 motor. I also ordered and received a adapter for a 12oz CO2 cartridge for a paint ball gun as recommended by the seller thinking that it would attach to an off-the-shelf 12oz bottle without any changes to the bottle. But the threads on the brass adapter that came on the bottle are too fine for the threads of the CO2 adapter that came with the G28BB. When I purchased the bottle from Dick's Sporting's Goods, they filled it with CO2 for about $3.50. But now I am wondering if the brass adapter that was originally on the bottle should have been removed and replaced with the adapter from Gasparin before having it filled with CO2. I'm beginning to think that I have run into a dose of beginners luck. What do I need to do to get my little motor runnin' ?

Down hill

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint