Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Magna-Board Building Board Project (Read 4861 times)
cometkid46

Re: Magna-Board Building Board Project
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Moving around the store, I visited the section with hardware for drawer pulls. I wanted something white and found this inexpensive drawer pull. Two would do nicely.

( 418 KB | 42 Downloads )
Drawer_Pull_Handle.png
IP Logged

cometkid46

Re: Magna-Board Building Board Project
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
The shelf is heavy but I show it with the Magna-Board XL positioned. There's a nice amount of border which I found helped with lifting the supplied magnets. (More about that later.)

( 377 KB | 58 Downloads )
Board_on_shelf.png
IP Logged

cometkid46

Magna-Board Building Board Project
Jun 2nd, 2018 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I decided to get back into free flight. The first thing was a building board that I could re-locate off my homasote board as needed. Recalling that Easy Built Models sold such a board with magnets, I ordered their XL model 13.5 x 32". They advised to mount it to a Medium-density fibreboard (MDF), and so we trekked to Lowes. A good friend advised I look for a shelf coated with melamine. My wife never gives up and so we found a great solution - Melamine MultiPurpose Shelf under the Blue Hawk brand. It measures 36 x 15 3/4". I reasoned that this would give me a border to attach some sort of handles and other stuff.

( 370 KB | 36 Downloads )
Melamine_Shelf.png
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint