Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Glue Stick Question (Read 22948 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Glue Stick Question
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
I think they may have changed the formula.  My old glue sticks used to dissolve in rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) but these new sticks I've purchased don't seem to be phased by alcohol at all.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

New Builder
5 Star Member

Re: Glue Stick Question
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 11:35am
Print Post  
AK - I tried this also with the same results, it never did completely dissolve. Have also tried water with lesser results so it appears they have homogenized the material and it will never return to its original state. I now use very dilute white glue and a small brush for the task as does Neal and a few others.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

alfakilo
Administrator

Retired USAF and TWA.

Glue Stick Question
Jun 23rd, 2018 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Has anyone tried dissolving a glue stick in alcohol? I was looking for a way to apply the sticky when the area was too small for the glue stick.

I put a chunk of the glue stick (Elmers) in a bottle with some alcohol. The glue hasn't dissolved completely but it has made a slurry type of thick goop. I applied this with a very small brush to tack down decal and tissue edges, and it seems to work pretty well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint