Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Odd Building Jig Idea (Read 1159 times)
New Builder
5 Star Member

Re: Odd Building Jig Idea
Reply #8 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 6:29am
Print Post  
I'm down to the hundreds mark after culling out some very poorly done and incomplete plans. The hundreds number are full size plans. I collected plans for many years while not building and have so many large portfolios in my room the walls are starting to close in. For the rest of them, Outerzone has provided me with a way to feed my habit. Now the only problem is what to do next, unfortunately I start that process in the middle of the current build. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Gee Mike, you only have hundreds? When you become as experienced as the rest of us in not building things, you will have thousands!  Grin
ian

IP Logged

New Builder
5 Star Member

Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 6:45am
Print Post  
pb_guy - Thanks for the link. That's where I found it and downloaded and added to the hundred or so plans for future builds. Thanks again.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
It is listed as a Northrop Gamma - https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2497
ian

IP Logged

New Builder
5 Star Member

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Alf - Thank you for the link. Tried it and didn't have any luck, Aerofred has never been very friendly for me Embarrassed but found it on Outerzone. Down loaded and filed for future work.
Mike

IP Logged

alfakilo
Global Moderator

Retired USAF and TWA.

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Here's the aerofred link to the plan, the file is too big to directly post here!

https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=92169&mode=search&sessionid=vckadkqc4f
nt0rhtqgvq3d27q2

IP Logged

New Builder
5 Star Member

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 8:45am
Print Post  
OK where is the plan? You are holding out on us. I noticed the Texaco logo and reminded me of my grandfather who was the first Texas Oil Company rep in Nebraska. He had a service station, a bulk delivery service for the farmers in the area, and a rail siding at his warehouse for delivery of oil drums. Truly ahead of his time.
Mike

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 11:14am
Print Post  
It was a great early idea. But this method would require great precision on both the position of the holes in the formers and the construction of the paper jigs, since there are many of them. How well it works in real life practice is a question.
ian

IP Logged

alfakilo
Global Moderator

Retired USAF and TWA.

Odd Building Jig Idea
Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:00am
Print Post  
I was googling around looking at 1930s aircraft and ran across this plan for a Northrop Gamma.

Note the use of paper jigs for the fuselage and wing construction. Don't think I've seen this idea before!

( 296 KB | 73 Downloads )
gamma_plan.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint