Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic crocket hook (Read 2763 times)
LarryB

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: crocket hook
Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 10:42am
Print Post  
thanks sky9pilot thats what I wanted to know Smiley

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: crocket hook
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Crocket hooks are used to make it easier to attach a rubber motor to a winder and prop hook after winding.  The Hook also help eliminate the tendency for the rubber motor to climb over the prop hook and knot up causing the prop to stall and stop rotating.  It allows the rubber motor to flop and spin inside the fuselage.  I don't personally use one.  I usually use a reverse "S" hook on the prop shaft and use "O" rings on the end of the motor to allow easier attachment to the winder and prop hook (reverse "S" hook).  I'm also using a double tube setup on the motor anchor as well to eliminate the motor climbing the motor anchor tube and bunching up in the tail end of the fuselage.  Check out the tips and tricks section for further tips on rubber motors etc.

Found this link on the NFFS (National Free Flight Society) re: crocket hooks Click Here
Another alternative to crocket hooks: Click Here
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

LarryB

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

crocket hook
Sep 12th, 2018 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
this is probably a dumb question to some , but I'm sorta new to this part of model flying. I have done some rubber powered planes in the past but only the dime store ones, never any for serious flying.
I see an ad for a Crocket Hook and was wondering how it is used, I guess for winding the motor without the prop attached ? how is it installed  and how to use it, this is fun but there is so much I need to learn and noone in my area flys rubber but me... thanks for the help.. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint