Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic CA Glues (Read 2002 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: CA Glues
Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2021 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
You could also try the Dollar Store for super glue.  They have a "2" pack small tube for a buck.  It's the thin stuff and if you use the applicator Alfakilo sugggested or make your own from a large needle. Saves the glue and makes application very easy. 
Best of luck in finding your source.

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Kerak
5 Star Member

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2021 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Does that work for ya?  This must mean you're not a stockholder?  For what it's worth, I agree with you 'bout Amazon.  Been usin' CA for years...my idea is to get the mostest for the leastest (variation on NBForrest)...try Walmart or Lowes...I use Loctite myself...medium viscosity...seems to stick everything I put it on (a variation on something or other).  Let's face it, CA ain't cheap...but man is it great for the hobby.  All assistance here is well-intended and free of charge.  Pleasure talkin' with ya, Hank.  Drop in more often.

Neal

IP Logged

HenryFinley

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
I clicked on this thread 1 year after the last post to be enlightened about glue. The name Amazon seemed to figure prominently as a source. At that, I entirely lost interest. If the choice between buying from them or mixing up dog manure with fingernail polish to make my own glue, I'll choose the latter. I don't buy from oligarchs. i don't need ANYTHING that much.

IP Logged

alfakilo
Administrator

Retired USAF and TWA.

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 7:07am
Print Post  
You might take a look at this. I got it from Amazon. Seems to be more of a medium viscosity, more fluid than the Gorilla gel.

( 49 KB | 86 Downloads )
gorilla_medium.jpg

IP Logged

alfakilo
Administrator

Retired USAF and TWA.

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:53am
Print Post  

IP Logged

New Builder
5 Star Member

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Just got a note from Amazon regarding this glue and they have small bottles of what appears to be what you are looking for. This link will take you to the Canadian site but both American and Canadian are pretty much the same.
Click here: https://www.amazon.ca/Gorilla-7805201-20g-Super-Glue/dp/B00K2N525I/ref=sr_1_2_ss...
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

alfakilo
Administrator

Retired USAF and TWA.

Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Good question! I don't know of a Gorilla CA Glue with a medium thickness, seems to be the gel or the typical very thin type that can get messy as you said.

Perhaps the way to help you is to deal with how the thin type CA glue is applied. My experience is that these thin glues are unpredictable in how the glue comes out of the dispenser. Sometimes a trickle, sometimes a flood!

What works for me and others too is to apply the CA with a pointed metal tool. One solution is to cut the eye of a large sewing needle in half, leaving an end that has a channel to hold a small amount of thin CA thru capillary action. Or there are commercial products specifically designed for this. I've tried both and now use the commercial tool to apply very small amounts of CA, for example when building a box fuselage out of 1/16" sticks.

I dribble 2 or 3 drops of CA into a plastic lid or cup, and then dip the needle or tool into the glue to get a tiny amount for application. Since CA does not "dry" in the traditional sense, the CA in the cup stays thin. For a cup, I cut the bottom off of a small empty CA 'bottle' (see picture).

( 1 KB | 98 Downloads )
ca_needle_2.jpg
( 61 KB | 102 Downloads )
ca_glue_looper.jpg
( 4 KB | 79 Downloads )
ca_bottle.jpg

IP Logged

weldorman

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

CA Glues
Jan 27th, 2020 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know of a Gorilla Glue equivalent to Medium CA? The Gel is far too thick for small assembly, and the thin CA I'm using now runs all over the place.  I don't have a local Hobby store here anymore, so hoping a readily-available Gorilla Glue will work.  Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint