Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Member from Albion, Michigan (Read 69 times)
New Builder
5 Star Member

Re: New Member from Albion, Michigan
Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2020 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Greetings and welcome to the site. There is always a lot going on here and a lot of advice toward building and flying. Given that you are in Michigan (just across the river from me) you may want to look up the Cloudbusters (cloudbustersmac.tripod.com) as they are one of the oldest Flying Aces clubs around (their logo says Model Aviation since 1939) and they fly in a double wide soccer stadium in Pontiac. Membership is nominal and the rewards will be plentiful.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

Skyediamonds
Global Moderator

Enjoying life and all
aspects of modeling

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Welcome Mustang,

Glad you could join with us.  We're all here for the same reason, to build models.  I'm currently building a Mustang ( Look in Display Model section under "Yep, another Mustang"). 

Here, creativity really comes to play and stretches your imagination.

Gary

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Welcome Mustang405...glad you've joined us.  As you rediscover you building skills you'll find this bunch of modelers are willing and eager to share their suggestions with you.  We enjoy this S&T hobby and love to see what other modelers are doing.  Be sure to post lots of pics of your build and feel right at home here.  Welcome one again!
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Welcome Mustang405. Not everything today is plastic, although there are a lot of R/C builders using Depron. And all of those old Comet and Sterling and Tern Aero plans, as well as many other previous kit plans, are now available freely on places like Outerzone and the FreeFlight Archive. The problem is no longer price, but narrowing the choices down to the ones we will actually build.

ian

IP Logged

alfakilo
Global Moderator

Retired USAF and TWA.

Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Glad to see you here! Many of us have returned to the hobby as you have. Some things change, others never do. Looking forward to your builds!

IP Logged

Mustang405

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

New Member from Albion, Michigan
Jun 24th, 2020 at 8:03am
Print Post  
A Sr Construction Mgr for a major Retailer - in the business for 25+ years.  Built kits starting at age 12 (Comet Gull II) until I was married at 24.  Now back in with my 3 build (Scale Curtiss Hawker) - also relaxing with a game of golf, not-so-cheap Bourbon and family.
Realizing the modeling tools I couldn't afford back then were far better quality than what we have today.  Everything plastic! 
Here to re-learn the craft of building

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint