Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hello from central Florida (Read 76 times)
New Builder
5 Star Member

Re: Hello from central Florida
Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2020 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Your progression sounds a bit like mine except for the children. Welcome to the site and all those skills are safely tucked away waiting for an opportunity to get out. Have fun and there are a lot of people here to answer any questions so get started and put up some pictures.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

toulouse
3 Star Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2020 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Smiley
Good on you modelbasher.
Welcome.
Good to come back to something you enjoy.
Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Welcome Modelbasher. It is great to get kids involved in this hobby, even if they haven't yet arrived.

ian

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Modelbasher...sounds very familiar to me!!!  Welcome to S&T all your old modeling skill will come back quickly and we look forward to you sharing those and your projects with us!  Please find the proper section and post away.  If there seems to be something you've forgotten just ask, you'll find that the modelers are very willing to help with whatever they can! Once again Welcome and please post lots of pictures!
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Modelbasher

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Hello from central Florida
Jul 29th, 2020 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Well hi everyone,  I've been building models of one type or another for coming up on 50 years. I started when my father built a Comet Stinson Reliant on the dining room table. After that I was hooked and began building Guillows models. I was told one time about the natural progression that a modeller goes through and they were dead on in my case, rubber, 1/2a control line, bigger control line, R/C, more complicater R/C, girls, marriage,  children, then back to models again.
Now I'm expecting my first grandchild, been working in my home office (shop) for the last 4 months surrounded by my old toys and i couldn't help but start taking breaks to do a little work on the projects that I put down years ago.
I've got a few partially completed kits that I've been moving forward as well as a couple of kits that have been patiently waiting for me to return.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint