Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Spray Booth (Read 123 times)
New Builder
5 Star Member

Re: Spray Booth
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Interesting you should bring this up as I have been designing a spray booth for my work room in the house. My building board is 30 inches wide so that holds the wingspan to about that size unless I build it diagonally across the board but that takes the board out of play for any other work while parts are drying. The booth started when I was doing a test color for my Dart and I felt some back pressure on my face so I started the design with large pieces of foam board and some Lowes 3/4 square stock. I added corner pieces and some dowels so as to be able to disassemble it. Also want to add a couple of small muffin fans and a furnace filter to the back. Like a lot of my tooling designs this has gotten a bit out of hand but is much safer that nothing at all. I'll post pics when it gets underway, probably when the snow flies here.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

Kittyfritters
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Spray Booth
Sep 20th, 2020 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Since spraying primer on the D.520 I've decided that my existing cardboard box "spray booth" is inadequate for my larger models. Previously, I had not airbrushed anything larger than a 500 series Guillow's kit.  (Come to think of it, back in the 50s I spray painted a 36" span model of a B-10, hanging it from a clothes line, with a vacuum cleaner spray gun. It worked!)  However, some of the packaging for this week's Chewy order has given me enough material for a larger, collapsible spray booth.  I'm not quite sure how it will all go together, but it will.

KF

( 173 KB | 7 Downloads )
Paint_Day_2_001.jpg
( 172 KB | 8 Downloads )
boxes.jpg

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint