Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Vuelan bien los modelos de Comet? (Read 1317 times)
peponio26

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Vuelan bien los modelos de Comet?
Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2021 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Terryman made the following comment about Comet models: José,

it is good to add +2 to +3 degrees of wing incidence. -1 degree on the stabilizer is also good, the adjustable is even better.

There are many other changes to Comet's dime scale models that will improve the way they fly.

Post as you create and you will likely receive our advice, even if you don't ask for it.

Terry
In this design I followed the guidelines used by Comet. But, I have found the following What comments can you make about these incidents according to the position of the wing. Since I am about to finish the A.e. C.3 and I would like to glue the wing correctly, thank you José.

( 208 KB | 58 Downloads )
Incidencia_en_los_modelos.jpg

IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2021 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Design structure looks fine. Finished colours look good. As long as you have a bit of washout in the wings, it should fly superbly.
ian

IP Logged

Rekitus Maximus
4 Star Member

re-kitter extrordinaire

Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2021 at 7:39am
Print Post  
your model looks quite good!

victor

re-kitter extrordinaire

IP Logged

peponio26

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2021 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I present my new job: it is the A.e. C.3 third aircraft for civil use designed and built in series by the Argentine Military Aircraft Factory in 1934. With a version to which a closed cockpit was adapted, the aviator Carola Lorenzini set the South American height record in 1935 reaching 5,500 m. 16 units were built, which were delivered to various flying clubs.
Starting from the three views I designed the plan. It is 16 inches long and weighs approximately 18 grams when finished.
I hope it is a good flyer and I welcome comments and suggestions.
Joseph

( 70 KB | 41 Downloads )
Ae___comprimida_1opt.jpg
( 16 KB | 44 Downloads )
ae_c_3_foto_5_1.jpg
( 17 KB | 43 Downloads )
ae_c_3_foto_4_opt.jpg
( 89 KB | 46 Downloads )
IMG_20210601_180345913_opt.jpg
( 41 KB | 45 Downloads )
plano_redu.jpg

IP Logged

peponio26

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Friends, thanks for your answers, they have all been useful to me, I hope more comments, I tell you that in my country all the materials to make model airplanes are very difficult to obtain since all the importation of them has almost been closed. I have some stoc and that is why I do not want to waste it, and that is also the reason that now I am dedicated to building small models, and I have found that the Comet 10 cent series was a good option. As you build I will show you what to do. Yes, I have noticed when studying the plans that they have no impact and therefore Terry's comment is very timely. Some of you know a way to be able to vary the incidents while making the adjustments for the flight that is good. Thanks again José

IP Logged

terryman
5 Star Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Jose,

+2 to +3 degrees of wing incidence is good to add.  -1 degree at the stabilizer is also good, adjustable is even better. 

There are many other changes to Comet dime scale models that will improve how well they fly.

Post as you build and you will probably get advice from us even if you don't ask for it. Smiley

Terry

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
I suggest you review a few of the articles in trimming and flying your models and see if these are of some help.  Flight Trimming click here
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

peponio26

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Hello, I answer, I have experience in building models, what happens is that in Argentina there are very few Comet kits that have arrived and I did not have the opportunity to build any or to see any built and flying; so my question.
In particular I was referring to the ones in the dime scale series. Since it is a size that interests me because of the difficulty of obtaining materials to build them in my country. Another question, studying the planes I have seen that almost none of them show a positive incidence on the wings and it is also 0 ° on the stabilizer. Would it be necessary to give any impact on the 10-cent models, for example 2 ° or 3 ° in wings and in terms of the stabilizer something negative. My idea is to fly them outdoors.
Greetings and thanks for the answers José12

IP Logged

terryman
5 Star Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2020 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Jose,

Oh yes, they fly!  I was very happy with this Monocoupe https://www.stickandtissue.com/forum/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1425849126

Terry

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2020 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Jose,
They will fly but you need to make sure the incidence of the wing and empennage are not out of alignment (usually main wing at + two degrees and the horizontal stab at zero negative degrees).  Some modelers set both wings at zero degrees incidence.  I'm sure you'll find many other suggestions.  I try to leave room in each build to adjust the horizontal stab with shims +/-
as needed. (Just me Cheesy)

Then of course some washout in each wing tip and balancing at the cg.  They all should fly.  I would recommend more washout in the Spitfire's wingtips approximately 3/8" on those oval wings.

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

peponio26

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Vuelan bien los modelos de Comet?
Oct 24th, 2020 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Hello friends my question is: are they good flyers or at least flyers? Comet models dimescale and 10 cent scale. The Comet kits did not arrive here in Argentina and I hope to build them from the published plans, according to what you advise me. I built but still due to the pandemic I did not fly the Aeronca and two Nonocoupes, sorry for my bad English. Hugs Jose

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint