Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Snoopy and his flying doghouse tether flyer (Read 414 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Snoopy and his flying doghouse tether flyer
Reply #24 - Jan 4th, 2021 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Thought you might enjoy this cartoon found in an old FACN... (Flying Aces Club Newsletter)

( 115 KB | 11 Downloads )
snoopy_redbaron.jpg

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #23 - Dec 31st, 2020 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
HANGER TALK,........ I took a sneak peak into Snoopy's logbook about his flight. He commented, "fly's like a barn door, and glides like a brick". To be honest, I was surprised I got it to fly at all. I guess it was obvious that flight characteristics were not a priority of the story. Attached is the plan that inspired this whole story. When I first saw this plan, I thought how much fun this would be to have at the field. Then I thought about just doing it as a tether flyer. And then the idea of doing a tether, with a story attached hit me.

( 162 KB | 16 Downloads )
plan.jpg

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #22 - Dec 31st, 2020 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
YEA....  SNOOPY!!!! Smiley

IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #21 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Snoopy started to ready his airplane for its maiden. When what was that, that dastardly Red Baron could be heard in the distance. Was he coming for Snoopy's airplane. Snoopy yelled, top off the fuel, 1.5 gallons, CHECK. Load the guns, CHECK, and Snoopy was off with a roar. Once in the air, sure enough, there was that dastardly Red Baron. Snoopy fired once, and he fired twice, and he showed that dastardly Red Baron to not mess with Snoopy. He chased that Red Baron away for good. All across the land, Snoopy was a hero. As a wise man once said, A BD BD BD, THAT'S ALL FOLKS.

( 150 KB | 9 Downloads )
raedy_to_go.JPG
( 18 KB | 8 Downloads )
AFTER_RED.jpg
( 21 KB | 12 Downloads )
AFTER_RED3.JPG
( 17 KB | 7 Downloads )
HERO.jpg

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #20 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Is that a Sopwith Doghouse ? I can't really tell which type she is! But she's looking great! Best of luck with the maiden!

IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #19 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 1:36am
Print Post  
That dastardly Red Baron could be heard in the distance. As the worried crowd, and Snoopy stood looking at his project, wondering where they could find a propeller. What were they to do? A small child approached Snoopy, he held up his model airplane to Snoopy and said, Snoopy, you can have my propeller. The crowd cheered with glee, for Snoopy finally had his finished airplane, you see. They installed the propeller, and Snoopy was ready for his maiden. Good things do come to those with patience. ---------DISCLAIMER,------------ I never said a little imagination would not be needed. 

( 155 KB | 15 Downloads )
ready_for_maiden.JPG

IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #18 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 3:15am
Print Post  
For the town knew Snoopy was getting close. One day easily 20 to 25 men, women, and children decided to go over to the hanger, and help Snoopy assemble his airplane. And yes, the dog house was the top secret, state of the art, stealth LOCKER 2000. HURRAY, Snoopy had his airplane. But wait, Snoopy still needed a propeller. For you see, Snoopy had been looking for a propeller from day one. And he knew none was to be found in all the town. What was Snoopy to do now?

( 152 KB | 10 Downloads )
almost_1.JPG
( 153 KB | 8 Downloads )
almost_2.JPG

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #17 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 11:31am
Print Post  
I'm sure Snoopy is greatful!  I don't think you're going to need any nose weight! Grin Cheesy Wink

IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #16 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Snoopy had hesitations about the project going down this path. For you see, because of that dastardly Red Baron causing mischief around town, airplane parts are pretty hard to get. He needed the project to go down a path, using everyday easily found parts around the town. For the reason Snoopy went over to Scrooge's house, was to ask him. If, not only could he have the engine, but if he could also have the entire lawn tractor. Scrooge being the new man that he was, he said sure. Snoopy not only had his engine, but he now also had his landing gear.

( 151 KB | 13 Downloads )
tractor_001.JPG

IP Logged

New Builder
5 Star Member

Reply #15 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 9:31am
Print Post  
This is truly great fun and thank you for doing this.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright

IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #14 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 6:18am
Print Post  
As the women stood around, looking over what was left of their fabric store. Wondering what they could do to help Snoopy cover the top of his wing. When one woman from the crowd said, "remember what Snoopy said, Good things come to those with patience". Do you see what I see? For the answer the women needed, lay on the ground right in front of them. The corrugated roofing panels that lay about, could be used to cover the wing. The women of the fabric store quilting club would get back at that dastardly Red Baron. They all immediately gathered the panels, and took them over to Snoopy. Snoopy now had a wing.

( 168 KB | 10 Downloads )
wing_top.JPG

IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #13 - Dec 27th, 2020 at 7:17am
Print Post  
**************TOP SECRET*************** Snoopy is away from the hanger right now. He is over to see Mr. Scrooge, to ask him a favor. I heard that last night, there was a secret delivery to the hanger, in the cover of darkness. I ran over to the hanger early this morning, and peaked in the window. I took a picture as quick as I could. Can you see it? In the partially opened crate. I think it is a Skunk Works prototype, "Locker 2000", stealth dog house. Time will tell. Stay tuned to this same Snoopy channel, at this same Snoopy time, to see further developments.

( 164 KB | 27 Downloads )
dog_house.JPG

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #12 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Lol I'm loving this!

IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #11 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
The ladies of the town had been asking what they could do to help. Snoopy knew exactly what they could do to help. They have been working on it for some time now. Snoopy had them sew up some quilts, that he could use to cover his wing. But wait, what did that dastardly Red Baron do? He bombed the fabric store. There is now not enough fabric or thread available for the women to sew up quilts for the top of the wing. What will Snoopy do now.

( 176 KB | 20 Downloads )
wing_cov_bot.JPG

IP Logged

DAVE Q
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #10 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
The children continued to bring Snoopy wood. The children also brought with them the model airplanes they had built. They said, look Snoopy, we can build airplanes. Snoopy was so inspired by the skills, and enthusiasm they all showed towards the project, that he asked them if they would like to help build the wing. The children were filled with joy, and of course said yes. Energy was high, and in one day, Snoopy and the children built the wing. Snoopy now had a wing, but how to cover it?

( 156 KB | 13 Downloads )
wing_003.JPG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint