Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hello from North Carolina (Read 656 times)
pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Re: Hello from North Carolina
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Welcome Jäger. Good name for someone who is hunting their planes stuck in a tree. And yes, it is a success to get a Guillows plane stuck up so high in a tree that far away! Happy to have you join us.
ian
TISMP

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Hello from North Carolina
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Welcome Jaeger,
Please post your builds on the current builds board and you'll find many fellow modelers eager to assist you in any challenges you find yourself facing.  We have a wide variety of resources on the site to assist in building and trimming for flight and I encourage you to spend some time reviewing these resources.  Welcome again to S&T and with your rc background you'll find yourself progressing very rapidly!  Remember there are no silly questions!  So ask away!
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

jaeger820

Build...fly...learn.
..build

Hello from North Carolina
Jan 21st, 2021 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Hey all...appreciate being able to join your forum.  I am 49 years old here and an entry level rubber powered flight guy.  I have been flying scale RC warbirds for years.  Naturally my first attempts at building rubber powered were Guillows WWII warbirds.  I am sure you are all tracking that is not the best place to start.  I did manage to get a FW-190 and a Stuka to fly after many crashes and a lot of learning.  The Stuka is actually still stuck in a stand of pine trees about 60 feet up and about 100 meters from where I launched it...not sure if that was a success or not.  I would like to stick with scale stuff since I love the way it looks when it flies.  Looking to learn better building and motor (rubber only) techniques from you all and thanks ahead of time for your knowledge.

Sam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint