Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greetings from Singapore (Read 61 times)
Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Greetings from Singapore
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Ditto what Ian said!  Welcome to S&T and we look forward to viewing your projects.  Again welcome and have fun with this great hobby!!!
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Re: Greetings from Singapore
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Welcome James. My dad was a boat builder who designed his own duck punt, as well as being a modeller of airplanes. Myself, I just putter. Please post your progress as we follow eagerly. New minds bring out new techniques and new ideas.
ian

IP Logged

James McMullen

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Greetings from Singapore
Feb 21st, 2021 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Hi everybody!  I am a former wooden boat shipwright from Washington State who now lives overseas in Singapore.  Although I have built an awful lot of boat models, including about five dozen at a scale of 12" to the foot (A scale which is awfully convenient, albeit somewhat expensive), I am relatively new to building these flying machine thingies.

I bought a Dumas Avro 504 kit during the COVID lockdown, and apparently this was actually some sort of gateway drug. Balsa and cement is shockingly easy and fun to work with compared to oak and tar.

I gots me a lathe, a mill, a Glowforge laser cutter, and an Ultimaker 2+ 3D printer in addition to every handheld woodworking tool ever invented.  I intend to get into all sorts of overly-complicated, self-inflicted trouble.

Looking forward to becoming a part of this community!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint