Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Airbrush Question (Read 634 times)
HenryFinley

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Re: Airbrush Question
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Thank you, but I may have found a compressor. So once again I still need to know if this is a 1/8 fitting, even though it calipers at 3/16? Here is a photo of it. Notice the fitting on the compressor. Should I be looking for a hose that is 1/8 both ends?

( 102 KB | 48 Downloads )
compressor.jpg

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Re: Airbrush Question
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 2:09am
Print Post  
Your airbrush has real potential.  It looks similar to the Paache single action airbrush in function.  A Paache braided hose (pic #1) has couplings at each end that will allow you to attach it to your airbrush (pretty standard size) and at the other end a coupling to attach to an aircompressor or coupling to mate to quick release air compressor hoses and compressors.   
I personally use a pancake compressor from Harbor Freight $54.97 3 gal tank oil less compressor (#2)  I finagled a quick release coupling I bought at Harbor Freight.  The compressor has a pressure guage so you can adjust air pressure for use in spraying with your airbrush.  The tank allows a smoother airflow than most airbrush compressors that have no tank and tend to pulse the air instead of a smooth air flow. Airbrush compressor (#3) around $80.

You may have to get creative (finagling) the fittings to the Harbor Freight Compressor if you choose that route.  The specific airbrush compressor with the Paache hose should attach right up to the airbrush & compressor.

A simple Google search will turn up Paache airbrush hoses  and airbrush compressors as well.  Prices vary alot!

Here's a link to some advice I gave re: Click Here airbrushing and paint mixture.  I've heard some modelers say the thinner/paint mixture should be like milk in thickness and flow.
Here's a video on YouTube on beginners tutorial on using an airbrush: Click Here
Sky9pilot

( 191 KB | 40 Downloads )
paache_braided_hose.jpg
( 155 KB | 42 Downloads )
61615_W3.jpg
( 123 KB | 39 Downloads )
compress_airbrush.jpg

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

HenryFinley

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Airbrush Question
Feb 22nd, 2021 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Attached is a quick photo of the airbrush I have and need to find an el-cheapo compressor for. None of this has to be for fancy high quality work as I'm manly interested in the Guillows 500-series planes, which are not exactly high-end plastic replica modeling. That said, in my own defense, I am very proud of how my planes turn out.
As you can see the airbrush is probably some cheapo Chinese job. But i don't understand hose fittings sizing. In this photo the air hose fitting is attached. If I unscrew this fitting, the threaded portion of the airbrush is approx 5/16 or 5mm. And the short section of rubber tubing on the fitting is 1/8 inch. So when searching for an airhose to go between the compressor and the brush, should I look for a 5/16 or a 1/8 inch? Thank you.

( 195 KB | 40 Downloads )
airbrush.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint