Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chrome metal finish (Read 46 times)
Skyediamonds
Global Moderator

Enjoying life and all
aspects of modeling

Chrome metal finish
Apr 27th, 2021 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Good day:

I was turned onto a new product called Molotow Chrome.  This is in the form of a marking pen with a wide applicator of about 1.4 inch.  They also produce them in smaller widths as well.

The chrome is applied as any other product from a marking pen but it needs 24 hours to cure in a dust-free environment and must be covered with Pledge floor polish after curing time.

Look closely at the second photo and you can easily see a drip. This is because I didn't know how to apply it the first time.  It goes on very smoothly and needs no overlap.  No need for a second coat, which resulted in that blob you see.

However, it will yield an incredible finish that will rival even Flite Metal aluminum foil.  It is truly remarkable and must be seen to believe.

As a trial, I applied the Molotow to the inside of a plastic fuselage of a Mustang as can be seen in the second photo.

The last picture shows the various sizes you can obtain if you decide to purchase in package form;

It is easily available through Amazon.  Or direct through their website of the same name.  If that doesn't work, try infamyart.com

You can apply it to compound curves or to landing struts that need the chrome to be seen between oleos, and even over the whole model. 

The last picture shows a model of a P-47 in 1/48th scale finished with the Molotow Chrome.  I realize its a bit small, but it's the best I can do for now.

Edit by Sky9pilot: Link to site: Molotow Chrome Site Click Here

Cheers,

« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2021 at 12:44pm by Sky9pilot »  

( 206 KB | 7 Downloads )
Molotow_Chrome_3:_1.jpeg
( 195 KB | 10 Downloads )
Molotow_Chrome___2.jpeg
( 177 KB | 8 Downloads )
Molotow_Chrome___3.jpeg
( 156 KB | 10 Downloads )
Molotow___4.png

IP Logged