Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Würger (Shrike in English) (Read 4212 times)
MKelly
5 Star Member

Re: Würger (Shrike in English)
Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2021 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Soviet Dora - nice find!  There's a couple more pics of these near the bottom of the linked page, along with a flight sim skin for comparison.  Can't vouch for the authenticity of the skin, but it's a neat and different look for the D-9.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/44383-skin-4k-fw-190-d9/

Mike

IP Logged

Kerak
5 Star Member

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2021 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Thanks Mike and Tom...it's even slower now...slower than I've ever seen it.  Can't believe it's because we've all been let out of our cells...I've been out the entire duration of this plague...couldn't have survived otherwise!  No hunkerin' down in the bunker here.  Funny...I've read that during the "big plague" during the Middle Ages people tried to hide themselves away at first...then finally decided they had to go about their business in order to EAT...so back to the fields and work.  Those that were going to succumb...did...and those that were going to get on...did.  Eventually it all mutated itself into a non-lethal form.  Sooooo...I'm leaning toward what Mike says...we've all been driven a bit nuts by this thing...developed a psychosis of sorts.  I recall a girlfriend picking me up at O'Hare after I'd been out of country for a year or so..."You want to drive?" she asked.  "Ehhhh...no, you're doin' just fine."  I wasn't ready for Chicago traffic...yet.  Shocked  Maybe we're too used to being laid-back.

Look at this pic...the uniforms catch your attention first...and then it registers.

Got the plan printed out...how's that for dragging one's feet.  Roll Eyes

Neal

( 151 KB | 58 Downloads )
6700421235_d4ab325647_z.jpg
( 145 KB | 55 Downloads )
WrightPatterson.jpg

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2021 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
I agree with Mike...all seem to be slowing down, but it might also be due to the fact that many of us can get out and about now and summer is upon us so some are out throwing those winter builds into the sky!  I look forward to this build, with the Dora there are so many great things that can be done!!!

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

MKelly
5 Star Member

Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2021 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
That's a nice plan Neal!  I've looked at Pres Bruning's D9 plan a few times, hasn't bubbled up to a build yet.  I know what you mean about participation.  I'm seeing here, on RCGroups, and HipPocket that things are slow.  Wonder if folks are getting internet fatigue after the last 15 months...

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to your build!

Mike

IP Logged

Kerak
5 Star Member

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Würger (Shrike in English)
Jul 11th, 2021 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Another nickname..."Butcherbird"....  Doesn't everyone have an FW190 in their building experience?  I think so...probably several...I know I do.  I even created a peanut version once upon a time, inspired from an rc plan that appeared in Model Airplane News magazine during the previous century.  For whatever reason, I did what I've done so many times...I eventually trashed it to make room for something that...I can't remember now.  I did however make a copy of my crude pencil drawing!  Hooray!  So...a resurrection...don't know the size (scale)...but I'll do it again, it'll come out wherever it comes out (size, that is).  Oh...Dora...D9...430mph at 26,000 feet.

This site needs some help...participation...like having a beer with a dead man.  Drink up. Smiley

Neal

( 221 KB | 85 Downloads )
P1180690.jpg
( 187 KB | 92 Downloads )
FW190D9ng.jpg
( 50 KB | 64 Downloads )
4024171213153933.jpg
( 155 KB | 63 Downloads )
63ed0c93c5314a98b733b33b4868a0fd.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint