Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Repurposed.... (Read 53 times)
Kerak
5 Star Member

Build! Fly! Enjoy!

Re: Repurposed....
Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2021 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Speaking of battery power and trying to conserve every last "drop" of it...resulted in the best rc trim setup I've ever accomplished...thankfully!  Everything was all set...launch...model tracks out beautifully...nice gradual climb.  It all became academic when I tried to input some control...NOTHING!  OMG!  I've forgotten to power-up the RX!  My mind is in a panic!  Then...I look down at the TX in my hand and note...POWER OFF!  Flip the switch and everything is as it should be.  Cool  No matter how many pre-flight checks one performs...doesn't mean a thing if you don't apply the juice...preferably before you're airborne. Just tell all watchers that it's part of your "normal" flying routine...your contribution to energy conservation.  Smiley Grin Grin

Now...be certain to check all those critical glue joints...like dihedral gussets, etc.  Go ahead...ask how I know about that.... Roll Eyes

Neal

IP Logged

Kaintuck
4 Star Member

Controled landings are
best!

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2021 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Thanks guys...I'm still living in 1975, so the RX May have done just that! Huh
Johnathan said he had another transmitter for me....this one has a L in the series number....and when I looked it, "limited range"....inside helicopter tx Undecided
Oh well....at least I flew SOMETHING....
She flew with 1/3 power, maintaining height, so with this power package in future planes...I can build something just a tad bigger and be fine Wink
And use the correct transmitter Wink

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2021 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
I've experienced the loss of battery power because I tried to squeeze in one more flight and found the controls locked into the full R or L depending on my last signal or maybe it just locks up one way or the other.  Not my speciality.  Best of luck in the next flight.

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

pb_guy
5 Star Member

So I'm just a kid at heart.

Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2021 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
At least you got it back, albeit ready for some work. It is possible that your receiver locks it into full L or R when it goes out of range. Hope the rebuild goes OK.
ian

IP Logged

Kaintuck
4 Star Member

Controled landings are
best!

Repurposed....
Oct 9th, 2021 at 1:02pm
Print Post  

This is a big rubber job I had, she flew great FF rubber....but became a hanger queen.
So....I had a willynilles set up, plopped in in her, and flew her today....I was flying great until I exceeded the RX range...lost signal....and wouldn't you know it....she came straight down...crunch!
Why do plane go straight in???...you would think onc in a while they would just lock control surfaces neutral and just glide in....

Not to worry....just about done in nose rebuild.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint