Normal Topic Sig Cub (Read 50 times)
Kittyfritters
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Re: Sig Cub
Reply #2 - yesterday at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Too Much Glue wrote yesterday at 6:49am:
Well that's neat. I have never been in a flying contest. I think I would have to improve my winding skills. Did you ever finish your Dewoitine D 520? 

Like most of my designs the third or fourth version is the one that gets kitted.  I'm still on the third D.530 and third P-6E.  Unfortunately, my wife and I are at the age where we have to schedule our lives around doctor appointments.  However, they will both get done.

KF

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged

Too Much Glue

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Sig Cub
Reply #1 - yesterday at 6:49am
Print Post  
Well that's neat. I have never been in a flying contest. I think I would have to improve my winding skills. Did you ever finish your Dewoitine D 520?

IP Logged

Kittyfritters
5 Star Member

Stick & Tissue

Sig Cub
Oct 13th, 2021 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Threw together a Sig Cub for a contest on Sunday.  The Black Sheep Exhibition Squadron challenged the South Bay Soaring Society to a Sig Cub flyoff. It's an old timey R.O.G. with a 24 inch wing span and a relatively quick build.   

I did some back yard trimming this afternoon to prepare for the flyoff and discovered that it can be trimmed to a marvelous, floaty, glide and with a motor of two loops of 3/32" Tan, Sport rubber it will climb on 50 turns!  The plans call for two loops of the 1/8" that comes with the kit, way too much power!  I predict some OOS flights if the weather is good.

There should be between 12 and 24 fliers on Sunday at the Grassy Knoll area of the Sepulveda Basin.  If you are in the Los Angeles area on Sunday come out and enjoy the chaos.

KF

( 366 KB | 10 Downloads )
Sig_Cub_Smaller.jpg

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint