Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) R/C Yankee IV build (Read 515 times)
Kaintuck
4 Star Member

Controled landings are
best!

Re: R/C Yankee IV build
Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Never underestimate a warren truss! This is 1/16" with 1/8" corners....and this is a sloppy #1 try....it's to be thrown away due a twist forming. I am building a true one, using ALL 1/16"......I don't know what the fail weight will be.....it's Yankee VI from Volare products.....George....you done goodt!!!!

Marc

IP Logged

Kaintuck
4 Star Member

Controled landings are
best!

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
The wife and I decided to take a ride....went to the Huntsville hobby shop, hopping to get just a motor gang plug for this teeny RX brick. Well, after drooling over micro servos, and other things I can't afford.....I found some Parkzone parts Cheesy
They were on the upstairs very back shelf....but I got a P-51 motor and gearbox, and the 16cm prop. This motor is 8x20...AND, it has the nano plug already on it! Cool
I couldn't pass up a couple of micro servos for 2.99 each....heck, the arms and plug are worth that...but on my cycler, they test just great.
I went over 4bucks of my budget....but, 1.local owned shop got my $$, and the prices beat the mail order, and I left with them in my hand...no waiting on the mail.....plus....I got to see a ton of hobby stuff....
I KNOW this motor combo will power the Yankee.....
Good day, plus the misses got her some flower stuff from the nurseries we stopped at....she stayed in HER budget Roll Eyes

Marc

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
If at first you don't succeed.... Smiley

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Kaintuck
4 Star Member

Controled landings are
best!

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Uh-oh....seems the heavier balsa didn't like the curves she needs....I did wet before bending, and pinned them to dry....but after they relaxed...banana  Angry
Soooo....let's make another fuse...and make the top and bottom with 1/16"....see if it will hold the curves right....if not...there's a THIRD time! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sky9pilot
Administrator

Stick & Tissue

Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Always interesting to follow your projects.  I've been there with mine as well.  Looking forward to see how this turns out!

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Kaintuck
4 Star Member

Controled landings are
best!

R/C Yankee IV build
Oct 15th, 2021 at 10:44am
Print Post  
After MUCH change of projects to use my new nano brick in....I started this bird. I substituted the outside sq from 1/16" to 1/8" due to landing loads. I don't think the weight penalty will be bad, but it gives me a peace of mind...I will mount the brickslightly forward of the CG, and the 1st motor to try is the geared 6x12mm motor. 16mm prop. If she's not powerful enough, then I can change out to another easily enough. Starting batt is the 200mh 1s.
George did a nice short kit on this one, laser cuts are perfect, get you one over at Volareproducts.com Smiley

I have to put a spacer under the uprights to make it all good, and I just may add some cross members to make a warren truss up to the CG point.....again, weight penalty traded for front area stiffness!
Marc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint