Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Using a craft cutter (Read 2279 times)
NcGunny
5 Star Member

GO PANTHERS!

Re: Using a craft cutter
Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2016 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Lol!!! I loved that comment!!! Some of the worst Guillows wood is included in the strip stock. If it has a grey/whitish look..ditch it and save yourself a handful of Advil. I still have a whole section of that junk I saved just because they wouldnt replace it. If you try to cut it..it shatters. Any flex and it crumbles..seemed to be common in the last of the die crunch kits they kit bashed. I almost bet its replacement stock that had set there for years,or the last batch of bad balsa they had been avoiding using. I love your craft cutter posts bro!! I keep watch on HPA for updates

IP Logged

Bargle
3 Star Member

Oh crumbs

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Spiffy way to cut ribs  Smiley

The strip stock looks like my old Comet & Guillow's strips except for the absence of crappy wood.

Sure it's a wrinkly mess, but it flies.

IP Logged

pedwards2932

Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Thought I'd add a video of the Sizzix in action. It takes a little while to start because I was fumbling with my laptop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvv4myOlFI

IP Logged

pedwards2932

Using a craft cutter
Jun 10th, 2016 at 8:16am
Print Post  
I have been using my Sizzix craft cutter to cut balsa,  Recently I set it up to cut spars and was surprised at how well it worked.  Added some pics to show what I got.  They seem to be accurate to within .001.  I set it up to cut 12" length. I have a platen that will do 24".  It takes about 5 minutes to cut the sheet.....but you set it and let it run one cut then set the depth deeper on second pass.  These were done in 3 passes. This is 1/16" sheets.  I don't go completely thru just use an exacto to cut free what I need.

( 125 KB | 52 Downloads )
DSCN1308.JPG
( 123 KB | 88 Downloads )
DSCN1309.JPG
( 116 KB | 73 Downloads )
DSCN1320.JPG
( 131 KB | 72 Downloads )
DSCN1321.JPG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint